Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 7th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a beautiful sunny morning with the day a little warmer with the high of 84 and the low of 64.

I noticed yesterday that the leaves are turning color and some have started falling off the trees. I can see that summer is waning and fall is moving in.

Dinner will be sub sandwiches, salad and cantaloupe.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Same old, same old today... still in lockdown until at least 70% of people are vaccinated. My eldest daughter had her first one today... the earliest that she was allowed to have it. We do get to go out tomorrow for a doctors appointment and on the way home I'm going to duck into Aldi to buy some onions. That's one vegetable I hate being without.

Dinner tonight was: John had a burger as it was grocery delivery day and all the requirements were there; I bought a french stick/baguette when someone talked about it and suddenly I couldn't wait. It was amazing... better than any Subway meal. My fillings were cheese, avocado, the last of the onion, pea shoots and smashed arancini balls. The dressing I always use in my homemade version of Catalina dressing.

https://i.imgur.com/flrONjg.jpg?1
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Goodness, I think I have the actual flu. I'm trying to hold down a dry English muffin at this point so dinner will be whatever hubs makes himself. I had a dentist appointment tomorrow but I called and rescheduled and my plans of grocery shopping are out the window. I slept in until 9 am this morning and am ready to go right back to bed.

Comment

Chayote - I'm coming to your house. That sandwich looks incredible!! I am assuming that the long green stems are pea shoots. I have never seen them before.

Muzette - Nothing worse than the flu. Food isn't appetizing and you just want it to pass quickly. Resting is probably the best medicine.

I took a meatloaf out of the freezer already cooked. So I will reheat and have scalloped potatoes and some kind of veggie with it.

Comment

muz,

I so hope you feel better by this evening. I am sorry hearing you are sick. Take care.
          Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
          He drew a circle that shut me out.
          But love and I had the wit to win,
          We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
            Chayote - I'm coming to your house. That sandwich looks incredible!! I am assuming that the long green stems are pea shoots. I have never seen them before.
            I'm addicted to pea shoots, Vera... *LOL* I have them on everything. Pea shoots, Catalina dressing and Kool Mints mean that I'm a happy little Vegemite!

The arancini balls were great. They had mushrooms and cheese with the rice. I could make them but they cost $6 for enough for two meals so I'm happy to just buy them ready made. I've already put them on my order for next week.

Comment

I have never had pea shoots.... never even seen them in the produce departments. I am sure they are sold in the stores here, never paid attention I guess

Comment

Now that I think about it, those pea shoots look like a larger version of alfalfa sprouts. They look like they would add some crunch to the sandwich. Now, I'm hungry after seeing that lovely sandwich - yum.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                  Now that I think about it, those pea shoots look like a larger version of alfalfa sprouts. They look like they would add some crunch to the sandwich. Now, I'm hungry after seeing that lovely sandwich - yum.
                  Vera , here is what I found about pea shoots online

What are pea shoots?

Pea shoots are the young leaves, stems, and delicate tendrils of any pea plants, including snow peas, sugar snap peas, and English peas.

Comment

It’s a beautiful day today, around the high 70’s. I got some stuff for getting rid of moles, hope it works. The guy at the hardware store suggested a shotgun...told him we’ve given serious thought to either a .22 or a pellet gun. I wasn’t kidding! Oh well, we’ll see how this stuff works.

I’m trying out a recipe from the newest Cook’ Country magazine for Chicken Stroganoff and we’ll have salad with it.

Comment

I'm the only one who eats pea shoots... John said if he wanted to eat them, he should have been born a bull on a farm. They do add crunch to any food and they have a slightly sweet taste but mostly they taste like grass. I also like them cut up and mixed with mashed potato and even more with chopped streaky bacon and cheese. John has plain mashed potato with butter. He's boring with his food.

https://cdn0.woolworths.media/content/wowproductimages/medium/127101.jpg
                      Last edited by Chayote; 09-08-2021, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                        It’s a beautiful day today, around the high 70’s. I got some stuff for getting rid of moles, hope it works. The guy at the hardware store suggested a shotgun...told him we’ve given serious thought to either a .22 or a pellet gun. I wasn’t kidding! Oh well, we’ll see how this stuff works.
                        Charlene... you took me aback when I read that you were getting rid of moles with a shotgun, .22 or pellet rifle... at first I thought you were talking about these moles and you were acting a little bit harshly:

https://i.imgur.com/OCwuseE.jpg

Comment

Chayote that made me chuckle!

What Are Moles? Moles are ground–dwelling carnivores that prefer to eat insects instead of your garden plants. However, their underground tunnels can ruin your garden and lawn and make an easy access to your plants for other rodents. ... Moles are usually found where soil is rich in organic matter.
                          Last edited by CharleneG; 09-08-2021, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X