Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 10 Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a "My oh my what a wonderful day" morning with the puffy clouds and such a lovely shade of blue the sky is. It will be a perfect day weather wise with the high of 74 and the low of 57. It is just so nice having the windows open and cool air coming in after so many HHH days.

Baked potatoes with chili on them along with cheese and sour cream will be dinner with fruit on the side.

What will you be having tonight.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Getting tortas, a side of rice, jicima slaw and esquites from the bodega tonight.

I have made esquites salad (its a corn salad) a million times and it is really good, then I had the real mexican version and its completely different. The one from the bodega is basically a cup of piping hot corn in a mix of butter and I assume milk, then they pack on the queso fresco and a dusting of something red that is Satans breath its so hot. The first time I got it they asked if I wanted it spicy and of course I said yes. I should have known when she asked are you sure? I have never been a fan of spicy food but it just works really well in this dish. Of course you have to squeeze a lime on top. We also found that if you make an attempt to speak Spanish the staff really like it and go out of their way service wise.

Comment

I don’t have a clue what to make for my dinner. Something quick and easy. Maybe a small pot of soup.

Comment

It’s delightfully cool today, actually had to put on a lightweight hoodie today. We went up to Walmart and stocked up on staple items like creamer, dog food, soup, crackers, cookies, lunch meat, beer, etc. I was checking on my USPS Informed Delivery email and saw I’m going to be getting a jury duty summons...well crap! I’m hoping that there will be a simple way for me to get out of it, like me being 75 with a bladder with a very short attention span. I won’t be picking up mail until tomorrow, so we shall see.

We’re having Nathan’s hot dogs, scalloped potatoes and watermelon for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
          It’s delightfully cool today, actually had to put on a lightweight hoodie today. We went up to Walmart and stocked up on staple items like creamer, dog food, soup, crackers, cookies, lunch meat, beer, etc. I was checking on my USPS Informed Delivery email and saw I’m going to be getting a jury duty summons...well crap! I’m hoping that there will be a simple way for me to get out of it, like me being 75 with a bladder with a very short attention span. I won’t be picking up mail until tomorrow, so we shall see.

We’re having Nathan’s hot dogs, scalloped potatoes and watermelon for dinner.
          Jury Duty, yuck ! Here in Texas you don't have to serve once you are 70 years old, unless you want to.
          Last time I was called I had to go in on a Friday, I was 69 years old. We had to come back on Monday morning, my birthday, I turned 70 that day . So I asked the judge if I had to come back on Monday, seems that I turned 70 that day I wouldn't have to serve. I thought it was a legit question. He just smiled at me and told me to be sure I show up on Monday. Then he said , happy birthday, I will bring some brownies to celebrate. He thought he was funny. So , yes, of course I showed up on Monday , but I didn't get picked to be on the jury. Wonder why ..........
          So I hope you get out of serving !

Comment

I’m pretty sure I won’t have to serve, but I’m not familiar with WA rules yet. I guess I should look it up. I’ve only served a few times but it’s not something would want to do again.

Comment

I was picked for jury duty back in 2008. When I got the summons I though - rats I don't want to go. But, of course I went, got picked and I found it a very interesting experience. We found the person guilty of stealing about $1000 of groceries and meat from a local grocery store. He actually had the nerve to go back twice in one day. The first time he put a laundry basket on top of a pile of steaks and walked out the door. He came back later and was going to repeat but the meat manager came out and wondered what had happened to all his nice steaks. The guy had started to load up his cart again but then chickened out and abandoned his cart in an aisle. He was recorded on camera and you couldn't miss him because he was about 300 pounds. I don't have any mercy for someone like that as we all pay for it with increased prices. He was also a repeat offender so he didn't learn from before.

Comment

I totally agree with you Vera, people cheat / steal at the grocery store and all of us pay the price.

Comment

Working...
                X