Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 11th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Today is the 20th anniversary of 911 and my heart aches for those that lost their lives and for the people that loved them. So much hate and violence in the world anymore.

The sun is letting it's beautiful face shine again bathing the land and making everything bright and beautiful. The high today will be 80 and the low of 68. It is warming up again.

It is clean out the fridge night so DGS will be happy. Pumpkin roll will be the sweet treat for completing the meal.

What will be your evening meal?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I did as much housework as I could today. Because of the lockdown we don't get our Council assistance so I try to do a little bit each day. I know I've overdone it today and will feel the penalty in my knee tomorrow. The upside of my day, a clean fridge, stove and kitchen benches.

Dinner tonight was courtesy of the local Red Rooster. We had crunchy chicken, chips and corn on the cob. It was very good and didn't mess up the kitchen at all...
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I put a pork butt on the smoker this morning, made potato salad and coleslaw. I picked up cannoli's from the bakery for dessert.

Comment

I went out to grab a bite to eat but should have just skipped the meal.

Comment

It seems hard to believe 9/11 was 20 years ago now. Today has been pleasantly cool and we’ve even had some light and much needed rain. I’ve been doing laundry, vacuuming and reading and Ken’s been working in the garage. Not much else happening.

We’re getting take out from Farmers Cafe tonight. Chicken fried steak and fries for Ken and the Harvest Salad for me.

Comment

We were in Northern Virginia all day starting with going to our son's house and laying out a new laundry room for new cabinets. This is the original laundry off the kitchen. They put in a second laundry room upstairs where most of the clothes come from. With three boys, they needed a second one. I had made reservations a month ago to take two couples and ourselves to a very nice Italian restaurant in Vienna, Va where we used to live. I'm so full now I'm not sure I will be able to fall asleep. It was an hour's drive back home and my tummy is feeling a little better. My husband and I split an appetizer of homemade gnocchi (delicious) and I ordered chicken parmesan with homemade pasta but couldn't finish the pasta. Forget ordering dessert or coffee. None of us could put another thing in our mouths. Beautiful weather and a very enjoyable evening.

Comment

Sounds like you had a good day, Vera, visiting with your son and his family and then having a dinner get together with friends

Comment

Working...
              X