Tropical Storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tropical Storm

I guess I'm about to take a direct hit from Tropical Storm, or maybe hurricane, Nicholas. Ugh!! I hope we don't get so much rain that both ends of my county road are flooded and I'm blocked in. I'm so tired of rain. This year has been a non-stop rainy season and it was just drying out good.

I hope you don't either Allie. This weather has been so off balance through spring, summer and now into fall. I don't even want thinking about how much snow, ice and sub zero weather we will get here. Living in the snow belt area can make it tricky for getting out let alone driving.

I hope all in your area stay out of harm's way.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Looks like Port O'Connor , Corpus Christi and maybe even Houston are in the pass of this storm. Not a Hurricane yet. Better keep an eye on it AllieK, and stock up on groceries in case your road is flooded and you can't get out for a few days.

Comment

I'm sitting here on the Gulf coast between Houston and Galveston and praying we don't have so much rain that we flood. The local hospitals are already gearing up to hold staff over. I have kids and Grandkids working at our local hospital. One already knows she can't leave.

Comment

Possibility of up to 15" of rain for the greater Houston area, according to the latest weather forecast I watched this evening. could be another bad storm for that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Momma Bear View Post
            I'm sitting here on the Gulf coast between Houston and Galveston and praying we don't have so much rain that we flood. The local hospitals are already gearing up to hold staff over. I have kids and Grandkids working at our local hospital. One already knows she can't leave.
            For those who are not familiar with that area, Houston and Galveston are about 50 miles apart. Houston is more inland, Galveston is basically in the water , just kidding, not really.

Comment

Looks like it turned a little more east, so we are not getting much rain at all. It's been a little windy off and on, but I think we dodged a bullet. Most I'll have to do is go pick up all of the little tree limbs that will get blows out of the trees.

Comment

That is good news Allie. I am glad you and others in your area are ok.
                Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
                He drew a circle that shut me out.
                But love and I had the wit to win,
                We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I can't even imagine 15" of rain in a short space of time. I hope you are all safe and don't have any major damage...
                  I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
                  would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Yes, it went more to the east and houston area got it again. We were supposed to get some rain out of it, but that is not going to happen either and we need rain.

Comment

I have fencing down in a small section but think much of the fence needs replaced. One side has a section down, the back is questionable and the other side is listing towards the other neighbors pool. We were lucky and did not loose power as some areas did. My Granddaughter lives towards the bay and has no power. Schools in my area are closed.

Comment

I have fencing down in a small section but think much of the fence needs replaced. One side has a section down, the back is questionable and the other side is listing towards the other neighbors pool. We were lucky and did not loose power as some areas did. My Granddaughter lives towards the bay and has no power. Schools in my area are closed.
                        I was thinking about you last night when it turned east and I saw it was heading straight toward you. I'm so glad you are OK

Comment

Hopefully your home insurance will cover the replacement / repair of the fence. Thankfully your house is ok, no damage and you didn't lose power.

Comment

Working...
                          X