Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 15th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Around one this morning we had a light show, thunder and heavy rain that was bouncing off the road it was coming down so hard. The rain should move out by late afternoon with a clearing sky. The high will be 75 and the low of 57.

I am making salmon patties, baked sweet potatoes and peas for dinner.

What meal is tempting your palate for this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We were out in your neck of the woods this morning LTB. Hit up the salvage store and the meat locker. We stopped for Mexican on the way home of course. The owner gave us something new to try called sincronizadas. So its a tortilla with Mexican ham, cheese, pico, sour cream, ketchup and mustard. It is something I would never ever order and I would never get mustard on anything, and it was downing in mustard. It was so delicious, he said its just a common sandwich they eat. I cant wait to drag my daughter there to try one. I am pretty stuffed from lunch so probably just some quick hot dogs for dinner.

Comment

I got up to find fence down from our storm. I knew the fence needed replacement but was surprised to find a portion down.

I'm clueless about dinner but have chicken that I need to prepare so that will likely be dinner.

Comment

It’s been a pretty day today, pleasantly cool. We’re supposed to get up to 2 inches of rain Friday and Saturday, something all our lawns and rivers in the area desperately need. It’s hard to believe it was 2 years ago today that the moving truck unloaded our furniture here. There were people in CA that said we’d hate it here and want to move back...I’m so happy to prove them wrong! We absolutely love it and marvel at how much we enjoy it here every time we step outside. We love our cute little town.

I’m trying out a recipe for smothered cube steaks tonight, and we’ll have garlic mashed potatoes and green beans with it.

Comment

Working...
        X