Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 16th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

There is a clear sky with the high of 79 and the low of 59.

I was at the apple orchard yesterday and spent some time yesterday making up 4 quarts of applesauce and now have several containers in the freezer plus what I put in the refrigerator. DGS is one happy camper over having it "in house" as he just loves it.

Dinner will be chicken in gravy with peas added in over biscuits and of course applesauce.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Ho-hum kind of day but it can only get better, right? Our Premier announced today that we are allowed to hang out with another household providing everyone is vaccinated so we are thinking of a picnic in the park with Immy if the weather is good.

Dinner tonight was sausages and cooked onion in bread rolls and now I'm having icecream. I wish it was pavlova because that's what I'd prefer. Maybe tomorrow.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I wish I could like applesauce, but I just cant get into it. The house we just sold had about 15 apple trees and they were ripe enough to pick but I had no clue really what to do with them. I suppose I could have canned pie filling, but its just easier to by them as needed. I do like a good Honeycrisp or Granny Smith with peanut butter.

Had a dentist appointment at 8 am this morning, then had to run hubby around to take his motorcycle a few different places. I really wish he would just give up on that stuff. He rode 2 times this year. Since he broke his leg I know he has issues holding it up so I refuse to get on that thing. I set up everything to sell my Audi to Carvana and they are picking it up next week. Again I drove it 2 times this year and I want the garage space for the granny wagon this winter because who wants to brush snow off the car if you don't have to?

I had the butcher at the bodega cut some flanken style ribs for dinner. It was interesting because he speaks no English at all. I know the words for beef ribs but not the words to describe the cut. After some going around I ended up showing him a picture on my phone of what I wanted. As much as I hate being on the phone it was super useful. I also made a huge batch of pasta salad and went heavy on the veggies. I might make some green beans to go with dinner as well, and maybe some grilled nectarines.

Comment

muz,

I am thinking I should tackle apple butter in the crockpot as the applesauce does so good. I just need a good recipe and I don't have one. I read labels on the ones I buy and like so have a good idea what I will put into it and best part is you can taste it as you go.

If I had 15 apple trees, even 1 or 2, I would be so thrilled and DGS would be also. One Macintosh and one Cortland. Mix and you have the best combination for pie, cobbles, dumplings and that is what I will use for the apple butter.

Your grilled nectarines sound really good.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

It’s been a very pretty day today , temperatures in the 60’s. There’s some serious rain and wind coming in tomorrow and through the weekend. I went up to Mount Vernon by myself and did some stocking up at Safeway and filled the car with gas. It was nice to just take my time and make sure I got everything we needed.

I’m making bacon-bleu cheese burgers for dinner and we’ll have some pasta salad with them.

Comment

Working...
          X