Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COVID Vaccine

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • COVID Vaccine

    I dont' know anyone's political stance on this and I dont' care. It is time for everyone to get vaccinated, if they haven't already done so. This virus is real and it is deadly and seems to be knocking on all of our doors now.

  • #2
    Ken and I are both vaccinated and anxiously looking forward to booster shots. Vaccinations for a deadly disease should NOT be political! I am pro-vaccine, I grew up during the raging polio epidemics and my mother got that. You can bet we were at the head of the line when the vaccines came out!

    Comment


    • #3
      We are fully vaccinated and so are our families. And most of our friends. I am not against vaccines, but I am against the federal government mandating for us to have the vaccine , yet the illegals and now the people from Afghanistan are allowed into our country and nobody seems to be concerned about them being vaccinated, least of all Biden and his administration. We now have over 10,000 illegals from south America / Haiti living under the international bridge in Del Rio , I bet they are not vaccinated, not only do they bring in Covid, but also other illnesses like Measles, but I guess that is alright. Until the illegals are taken back to their home country I don't think our government can mandate us to be vaccinated and wearing masks on top of that.
      Covid and vaccinations have been made political by our President, because he wants to change our country into a socialist / Marxist country.
      Instead of leaving the White House at mid day on Friday and heading out to his beach house in Delaware, he should have gone to Del Rio and take a look at what is going on there, but he prefers to turn a blind eye.
      I am off my soap box, and I don't care if anybody agrees with me or not.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Sabine View Post
        We are fully vaccinated and so are our families. And most of our friends. I am not against vaccines, but I am against the federal government mandating for us to have the vaccine , yet the illegals and now the people from Afghanistan are allowed into our country and nobody seems to be concerned about them being vaccinated, least of all Biden and his administration. We now have over 10,000 illegals from south America / Haiti living under the international bridge in Del Rio , I bet they are not vaccinated, not only do they bring in Covid, but also other illnesses like Measles, but I guess that is alright. Until the illegals are taken back to their home country I don't think our government can mandate us to be vaccinated and wearing masks on top of that.
        Covid and vaccinations have been made political by our President, because he wants to change our country into a socialist / Marxist country.
        Instead of leaving the White House at mid day on Friday and heading out to his beach house in Delaware, he should have gone to Del Rio and take a look at what is going on there, but he prefers to turn a blind eye.
        I am off my soap box, and I don't care if anybody agrees with me or not.
        OK, then. Not touching this with a ten foot pole..

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by AllieK View Post

          OK, then. Not touching this with a ten foot pole..
          Why not ? You think it is ok for illegals to come in , without vaccinations ? Yes , I know we are not supposed to " talk " politics. Little hard to do when you bring up covid vaccinations and the illegals.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sabine View Post

            Why not ? You think it is ok for illegals to come in , without vaccinations ? Yes , I know we are not supposed to " talk " politics. Little hard to do when you bring up covid vaccinations and the illegals.
            Just don't want any hard feelings. My fingers are itching to type, but better not and I never brought up illegals

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by AllieK View Post

              Just don't want any hard feelings. My fingers are itching to type, but better not and I never brought up illegals
              You are right , I did, and it needs to be brought up. illegal people are invited in and don't have to show any proof that they are vaccinated, yet the American people are supposed to be vaccinated and wear a mask on top of that. What is wrong with that picture.
              You couldn't hurt my feelings, I think you know that.

              Comment


              • #8
                ok, yes of course, illegal entrants might be carrying the virus, but the states with the most cases are not only the states that illegals cross. All of them voted for Mr. Trump. They are red states and that is due to an aversion to taking the vaccine, mostly because of what was said about the virus and the vaccines on FOX News and other right-leaning news outlets. The health and safety of our citizens became political. It all started out as it was a HOAX, then the vaccines are a way for Bill Gates to put a chip inside of you, it makes you magnetic, and other crazy theories.
                Then, the mask mandate has been a political football too. The masks were working and the cases started goign down sharply, then the red state governors decided it helped them politically to go against the mask mandates....and now? It is all blowing up again. Schools are getting bombarded with cases, teachers are dying, first responders are dying, parents of kids are dying and leaving behind their kids. Masks work, there should be mandates until the danger lessens a bit. People just simply have to listen to the scientists instead of politicians who know little or nothing about medicine. I dont' know about you, but when I need a doctor, I go to a doctor and don't go to my local politician. This is about life and death, not the next election, and if it takes a vaccine mandate and mask mandates to lessen the danger, then so be it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I totally agree with you, there has been and still is a lot of misinformation about the virus and the vaccinations in the news. Yes, it all became political and it still is. Yes, political leaders, i.e. Biden know nothing about the virus and all the medical stuff that goes with it. Yet he is on TV almost daily ( if he is not on his way to his beach house in Delaware ) and telling the American people what they should do or what they should believe , that is all I am saying. And even the so called experts like Fauci change their opinions on almost daily basis. Too much conflicting info out there, what should we believe ??
                  I am vaccinated, I believe in vaccinations, I just got my yearly regular flu shot, do I think the little paper masks or home made masks really work ?? I don't know, Yes, I do wear a mask if I go into a place of business that requires me to wear a mask. Last thing I need to be hassled by some idiot who thinks he knows it all.
                  The FDA has just announced that a booster shot are not necessary for the majority of people , unless you are over age 65 ( yes, that would be me) or have health issues. Now lets see how that gets twisted on Monday when Biden gives his little speech ?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Things keep changing because this is new to everyone. When they get new data, they change the narrative. Biden is just saying what he's been told by the medical experts. They are kind of learning as they go with the new variants that keep popping up. One is not like the others.
                    With the masks, I wear mine to help protect other people, not so much myself. The virus can enter the eyes, so we all take chances going in anywhere, but when we wear masks, we are keeping our droplets to ourselves. If everyone wears one, there are not so many viruses in the air around us, so that helps everyone. With this Delta variant, the virus enters the nose and then starts to multiply very quickly, so even though it might not make us sick if we had the vaccine, the virus is in our noses and we can breath it out on other people. So, the mask we wear, helps other people.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      John and I have had our first jab of Pfizer and are booked in for the second one on 4th October. I cannot describe the feeling of protection we had even with one dose.

                      All of our children and their partners are vaccinated with at least the first dose with the second dose booked in.

                      We will remain in mandated lockdown until 80% of the population is double vaccinated. After that, only vaccinated people will be permitted to go to theatres, restaurants, etc.

                      The vaccines work and people need to understand that. I'm tired of all the violent demonstrations attended by people who are against vaccination and complain about their 'human rights' being ignored.
                      I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
                      would become a National policy, but here we are...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Chayote View Post
                        John and I have had our first jab of Pfizer and are booked in for the second one on 4th October. I cannot describe the feeling of protection we had even with one dose.

                        All of our children and their partners are vaccinated with at least the first dose with the second dose booked in.

                        We will remain in mandated lockdown until 80% of the population is double vaccinated. After that, only vaccinated people will be permitted to go to theatres, restaurants, etc.

                        The vaccines work and people need to understand that. I'm tired of all the violent demonstrations attended by people who are against vaccination and complain about their 'human rights' being ignored.
                        Chayote, kind of prepare yourself for the second shot. We were told on our second shot (Moderna) that we will probably feel worse with the second one with flu-like symptoms, and they were right I had no issue with the first one, but with the second one, I had a fever and rolling goose bumps the first night, and muscle jabs for a few hours, then just tired bouts that came and went for the next 2 days. By the 3rd day, I was getting much better. I know everyone is different and I hope you and John do not have any symptoms.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by AllieK View Post

                          Chayote, kind of prepare yourself for the second shot. We were told on our second shot (Moderna) that we will probably feel worse with the second one with flu-like symptoms, and they were right I had no issue with the first one, but with the second one, I had a fever and rolling goose bumps the first night, and muscle jabs for a few hours, then just tired bouts that came and went for the next 2 days. By the 3rd day, I was getting much better. I know everyone is different and I hope you and John do not have any symptoms.
                          Thank you for the warning, Allie... much appreciated. John and I were just discussing our next Pfizer jab and wondered if we would have a reaction. We've heard of people having a reaction after the second dose and are concerned but not enough to be scared away. We feel privileged to be given Pfizer because Australians in our age group were to have AstraZeneca and we signed up for that as we didn't want to wait any longer for an alternative. When we went into the vaccination hub we were asked if we would prefer Pfizer... ah, yesss!!! We didn't ask too many questions.

                          After the first dose, John had no symptoms at all. I had a sore arm for 36 hours. We will be prepared but at the same time keep our fingers crossed.
                          I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
                          would become a National policy, but here we are...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            We had Pfizer vaccinations and so did my kids. We had no reactions to either one, just a sore arm for a couple of days, that was all. My oldest granddaughter had a reaction after the second dose , she was tired and had a bad headache, lasted 24 hrs and that was it.
                            Now I wonder what the third booster could do as far as reactions are concerned. ?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              My husband had the Moderna and had no reaction at all to either dose. I had the Johnson and Johnson - had no choice and also had no reaction - one and done.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X