My granddaughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My granddaughter

She was sent home from school Monday with a sore throat and she cannot go back to school until she tests negative for COVID. My daughter finds out today her whole class is in quarantine and out of school because there was someone in the class that had COVID. My granddaughter is in the first grade this year and now this. I wish these &*^%&%*&%(*%(& Governors would get their sh#t together and allow mask mandates in school. This is ridiculous.

Allie... I'm sorry your granddaughter has to go through this. I know how I'd feel if it was happening to one of ours. I agree with masks. People just need to get used to wearing them and get the proper KN95 masks.

Immy will go back to school on 18th October. She's been out for months and she's not a fan of having her Dad as her teacher.

Was it a teacher or child who brought COVID into her school?
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I am sorry your granddaughter has been exposed and hopefully she will test negative for the virus.
      Your granddaugter is in first grade, seems like yesterday that you posted about having your first grandchild. Time flies. Where does your daughter live now , still in Alaska ?

Comment

I will say a prayer Allie that your granddaughter does not get the virus. This virus is a nightmare beyond words.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
          Allie... I'm sorry your granddaughter has to go through this. I know how I'd feel if it was happening to one of ours. I agree with masks. People just need to get used to wearing them and get the proper KN95 masks.

Immy will go back to school on 18th October. She's been out for months and she's not a fan of having her Dad as her teacher.

Was it a teacher or child who brought COVID into her school?
          My daughter didn't' say, I'll have to ask

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
            I am sorry your granddaughter has been exposed and hopefully she will test negative for the virus.
            Your granddaugter is in first grade, seems like yesterday that you posted about having your first grandchild. Time flies. Where does your daughter live now , still in Alaska ?
            Yes, they still live in Alaska. I haven't seen them since COVID started because airports are so unsafe.

Comment

And from what I have read
              t most airlines require that people have to wear a mask.
              I dont know how long a flight from Alaska to Texas takes, but several hours for sure.
              too long to wear a mask and be comfortable, especially for a child.
              I go antsy when I go to the grocery store wearing a mask
              I got a text yesterday letting me know that booster shots are available here in SA starting today.
              For people 65 +,, and people with health issues etc. So we are planning on getting the booster shot sometime next week

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                And from what I have read
                t most airlines require that people have to wear a mask.
                I dont know how long a flight from Alaska to Texas takes, but several hours for sure.
                too long to wear a mask and be comfortable, especially for a child.
                I go antsy when I go to the grocery store wearing a mask
                I got a text yesterday letting me know that booster shots are available here in SA starting today.
                For people 65 +,, and people with health issues etc. So we are planning on getting the booster shot sometime next week
                Airtime is about 6 hours, but there is usually a stopover along the way, usually in Seattle, I think, so 3 different airports

Comment

Long trip, and this time with all the restrictions etc. Even longer. Hopefully things will calm down and they will be able to fly down for a visit soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X