Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 25th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is overcast with rain predicted and the high of 66 and the low of 48. One of my neighbors saw me outside yesterday and said her children had sat out on their porch and were "conducting" my windchimes as they said they loved the "songs" they played. The way the wind is blowing they will have another day of "conducting" the "songs".

DGS wants the rest of the potato soup for dinner as he says it is the best pot of potato soup he has ever had. He totally loves homemade soup as I do. He baked a pumpkin pie yesterday and he will have that also.

What will be your dinner tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We are on day 2 of only using food from the fridge or freezer until it's all gone. I did put an order in at Woolworths online but only for fresh produce and a couple of packets of icecreams. I estimate that we have about three months worth of protein for meals in the freezer and frozen vegetables for around two months.

Tonight for dinner John had roast pork (second last meal from that leg), mashed potato and sweet potato from last night and I cooked him some peas. I had a salad of cos lettuce, celery, pea shoots, avocado and chopped up crunchy chicken left from two nights ago.

It was cold today but in a break in the rain and wind we managed to move a few items that were in the way in my familyroom. Tiff, Tim and Immy came down for a 10 minute welfare check. It was nice to see them.

The rest of the day was spent folding up clean laundry and putting it away. I really need to do this more often...
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Well it was supposed to take a month to get my side of beef but it was ready today so we went to get it. I managed to fit it all in the freezer playing pot roast jenga to make it all fit. I am glad the freezer was completely empty because it filled the whole thing. I just put the last pot roast from last year in the crock pot and am making Italian beef sandwiches for dinner with cucumber salad on the side.

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
        playing pot roast jenga to make it all fit
        When my freezer is filled to capacity, I say that I'm playing Tetris... *LOL*

Comment

I am dog sitting and between my dog and his buddy and a part of my fence being down I am officially going nuts.

I made a grilled cheese sandwich and cut up a peach for myself.

Comment

It’s another beautiful day today, bright, sunny and temperatures in the mid 70’s. There’s going to be about a 15 drop and rain tomorrow. We’ve both been busy today. I went up to the local Farm Stand and picked up some T-shirts we’d ordered and dropped off an old wooden chest that my dad had that I offered to the lady that owns the stand. She was tickled pink and we were glad to get it gone. It was about foot locker sized. I did some quick grocery shopping and came home and swept, dust mopped and wet Swiffered the floors. I was going to vacuum but ran out of energy, I’ll do it tomorrow. Ken got the back yard all mowed, weed whacked and blown. Time to park our butts on the couch.

We’re having taco salad tonight. All I have to do is add the cheese, lettuce and Doritos to it. All the other ingredients are mixed with the dressing. We’ll have some Costco pumpkin pie for dessert.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
              I did some quick grocery shopping and came home and swept, dust mopped and wet Swiffered the floors. I was going to vacuum but ran out of energy, I’ll do it tomorrow. Ken got the back yard all mowed, weed whacked and blown.
              Charlene... I wish I had a tenth of your energy. Even though I'm battling with an injury that requires surgery, I'm sure you have your own aches and pains to deal with. I will pass to you my "domestic goddess" cap and keep being impressed with how much you get done.

Btw, if Ken wants to earn a few dollars, he can come here and rake gum leaves, pull weeds and blow away the dust...

Comment

Chayote, I wish I was as energetic as you think I am! I have these little bursts of energy but they’re short and infrequent. I do try to clean as I do things, seems to help a lot, but I am by no means a fanatical cleaner. I have a motto that I stick to:

You may look at the dust, but please don’t write in it! If you do write in it, don’t write the date!

Comment

You may look at the dust, but please don’t write in it! If you do write in it, don’t write the date!
                  Mind if I borrow that? I love it.

I get more housework done when I'm mad at John than at any other time.

Comment

Chayote, I wish I was as energetic as you think I am! I have these little bursts of energy but they’re short and infrequent. I do try to clean as I do things, seems to help a lot, but I am by no means a fanatical cleaner. I have a motto that I stick to:

I like that, that is funny. I feel like if someone doesn't like the dust , I will give them a dust rag and they can go and dust all they want.

Comment

UGH I am ocd about cleaning, most days. Probably because I grew up in a hoarder house.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

Mind if I borrow that? I love it.

I get more housework done when I'm mad at John than at any other time.
                        Feel free to use it Chayote! I know what you mean about cleaning when you’re mad, my house was spotless when I was married to my ex-husband, he brought out the worst in me. Ken, on the other hand, we just don’t get mad at each other, so the house isn’t spotless.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

I like that, that is funny. I feel like if someone doesn't like the dust , I will give them a dust rag and they can go and dust all they want.
                          Amen Sister!

Comment

Working...
                          X