Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 26th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

What a beautiful morning with a clear sky. The wind has finally stopped blowing, with a high of 71 and the low of 58. The leaves are falling off some of the trees and are such a pretty bright yellow. It looks like a carpet of sunshine is laying on the ground.

DGS says he will make us both Naan pizza's as there is enough of the bread left in the package. A salad on the side and dinner will be complete.

What will be your Sunday meal?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Day 3 of our blitz on using up our food and John's not complaining yet.

Dinner tonight: John had a pork steak, chips, onion and peas. I had some arancini balls, a few chips and some buttered rice cakes. Already planned dinner for tomorrow night. This blitz is kinda fun, but John is fearful for when the pork runs out.

I managed to do some tidying up so my familyroom is a lot more comfortable now. No trip hazzards.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I am making Thai chili meatloaf with baked potatoes and roasted cauliflower. Normally I would not buy any kind of chili sauce but it was at the salvage store super cheap so I got some. I added it to meatloaf once and I cant imagine meatloaf any other way now. I add half the jar to the meat, then mix the other half with ketchup for the top.

Comment

It’s been quite cool and cloudy and right now it’s pouring. We sat on the front porch for a bit just enjoying the rain after we’d put up some new outdoor lights for the porch. I found another big box of pictures and I’ve been sorting them out to send more of them to the kids. We were talking today about getting rid of things we don’t really want or need anymore, I can see another round of purging coming up soon. I look at some of that stuff and wonder why in the world am I hanging on to it.

I’m trying out a recipe for Cook’s Country Bourbon Chicken and I made baked brown rice with it. Sure smells good!

Comment

Working...
        X