Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 27th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is another windy day with a mostly sunny sky and the high of 81 and the low of 63.

Dinner will be meatloaf, twice baked potatoes and green beans.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Beef stroganoff over rice and some kind of veg. Giving a go at homemade yogurt. I thought having a yogurt maker would make it more hands off, but its not. You still have to boil the milk and not burn it, then it has to cool forever before you add the starter, then it goes in the maker. I wanted to make a non dairy version but it calls for ingredients I do not have and cant see buying.

Comment

It will be so good muz. Good for you for making it.
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Pork chops and fresh asparagus for dinner here.

Comment

It’s been chilly and wet most of the day. It sprinkled on and off all day. We had a landscaper come out and cut out a bunch of huge shrubs and bushes out of our front yard today. We’d been talking about doing it for awhile but I bit the bullet and called a local guy. Ken thought he could have done it but once they started he realized he wouldn’t have been able to do it easily. They were using big gas powered chainsaws and they were smokin’ and they had to replace a chain. They got the job done today and those bushes were at least 6 feet tall with big trunks. We’ll work on getting the ground ready for some new evergreen plants and a blue spruce.

I’m trying out a recipe for a pumpkin beef chile tonight and we’ll have some warm corn tortillas with it.

Comment

Blitz day 4... John's dinner was a small beef steak, chips, eggs and onion. I had crunchy chicken that I was tossing up weather to eat it or not and an avocado. It had been in the fridge for four days. It's now 18 hours since my meal and I feel fine so apparently I needn't have worried.

We had groceries delivered... no protein though. I also gave John a haircut. He's now bald and one step away from clean-shaven. My turn next week
            I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
            would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Working...
            X