Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 28th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is overcast with rain predicted this morning with clearing later in the day. A high of 72 and the low of 48.

It will be grilled meatloaf and cheese sandwiches, tomato soup and baked apples for dinner. What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Another day under lockdown and curfew but as of tomorrow we are allowed to drive 15km radius from our home instead of 10km. Curfew stays until our State achieves 70% first vaccine. I think it's 70% but now I'm wondering if it's 80%. Either way, we don't go out at night anyway.

Day 5 of our blitz on food. John had a meat pie for dinner... I have ravioli with bolognaise and mozzarella cheese.

https://i.imgur.com/auq4Y3Y.jpg
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Chayote - I'm always hungry when I see your dinner pictures. Looks really good.

Comment

Making chicken fried rice tonight to use up some leftovers.

Comment

It’s cool, cloudy and on and off rainy today, highs in the high 50’s. We went up to the Walmart in Mount Vernon and we noticed the Skagit River has started coming back up and the sandbars are finally getting covered in water again. It was really low for awhile. I have to go to Smokey Point tomorrow so we’ll check out the Stillaguamish River tomorrow. Our WiFi has been really wonky for a couple of days, we’re having Wave Broadband come out tomorrow to fix it.

I cooked up some extra ground beef and added it and some additional onion, tomato and cilantro to the mix for taco salad. All I have to do is add lettuce, cheese and Doritos to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
            Chayote - I'm always hungry when I see your dinner pictures. Looks really good.
            Thanks, Vera... most of what I prepare for John and myself are simple meals but I do like to present them nicely. I spent my high school years at a Domestic Arts school where we were effectively trained to be good housewives. Back in those days, as you probably know, it was assumed that women wouldn't work after they married and had children...
            I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
            would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Working...
            X