Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 29th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a beautiful morning with the sun in a cloudless sky. The high of 70 and the low of 50. It is just beautiful fall weather.

Stuffed peppers, basmati rice and baked apples will be dinner.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I got a fresh garlic kielbasa from the Slovenian butcher shop and planned on that for dinner, but hubs asked for the 15 bean soup. Of course they have to soak overnight, but I figured I will put the kielbasa in there tomorrow. Pulled some porterhouse steaks from the freezer with fried cabbage and green beans.

Comment

Windy, cloudy, rainy today, our grass is loving it and we’ve had at least 12-15 robins checking out the backyard worm supply. We had a tech out about our WiFi this morning, it was working fine until 5 minutes after he left. I called tech support, they rebooted the modem and got it working, then 5 minutes after I got off the phone it died again. I called again and a tech will be out tomorrow with a new one. The phone tech tried to get it working and we finally pronounced it dead. I went to my podiatrist in Smokey Point this afternoon, stopped at Costco and Joanne’s and came home.

We’re going to finish the bourbon chicken, brown rice and I’m going to steam some broccoflower to go with it.

Comment

Blitz day 6... we still have a mountain of food in the freezer. Rained all day and will tomorrow as well so it's good preparation for planting our tomatoes, beans and zucchinis at the weekend. Again we chose Black Russian tomatoes. If you've never tried them, you should. They are amazing.

Our dinner: John had a steak sandwich with lettuce, tomato, onion, bacon, steak and an egg. I had a bowl of chicken and corn soup with buttered rice cakes.
        I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
        would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
          I got a fresh garlic kielbasa from the Slovenian butcher shop
          I had to google "kielbasa" and discovered that it looks like the sausage that my Dad used to eat when I was a child. He worked with a Polish man who made all his own sausages and had them hanging up in his garage. My Dad loved it and he often gave me a slice. I hated the sausage but loved that I was eating the same as Dad. I remember Mum telling him to stop feeding me on foreign food... It was the garlic that Mum didn't like and garlic was almost unheard of nearly 70 years ago. How foods have changed since then... for the better!
          I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
          would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Working...
          X