Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 30th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

I never take for granted a clear sky with the sun shinning. It makes the day seem bright, cheerful and a reminder that there is good in the world even if it seems at times that is scarce The high will be 70 and the low of 45.

I am using the last of the meatloaf and making soup that I will put green peppers in and calling it stuffed pepper soup. I have some beautiful pears that we will have on the side.

What will be your evening meal?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Day 7... the first week has been interesting with freezer diving and making do. It will be interesting to see how long John can go without pork. I do have some pork steaks in the freezer so if he starts going loopy, I'll thaw one of those out for him...

Dinner tonight: John had rissoles in vegetables and gravy, mashed potato and peas. I had more or less the same minus the meatballs. I had mashed potato, peas and the vegetable gravy. It was tasty with the texture of baby food but I enjoyed it.

https://i.imgur.com/2aGDlfS.jpg
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Wow, last day of September, doesn’t seem possible. It’s been really rainy today. Evidently when the guys cut our big hedge out on Monday they damaged the fiber optic line that runs to the house, so we still have some WiFi problems. Wave Broadband has done some repair on the cable and will be back out tomorrow to complete the job. I don’t know if we’re liable for the cost or not, if we are I’ll contact the gardener as he’s insured. [email protected]

We’re having more of the pumpkin beef chili tonight along with some garlic bread.

Comment

Working...
      X