Hello everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone!

It's been awhile since I've visited here!
    Hope you have all had a nice summer.
    I was just wondering, is there any way to find out how long we have been CK members?
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

I see right on your name block you joined in June 2006.

Comment

But, I as well as many others have been members longer than that....this is newer board.

Comment

True Mudder. I joined before 2006 myself. I think I also lost the posts I had but am not sure about that.

Nice seeing here. Have a good night and good day tomorrow.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Originally posted by MudderBear View Post
          It's been awhile since I've visited here!
          Hope you have all had a nice summer.
          I was just wondering, is there any way to find out how long we have been CK members?
          Why do you want to know ? What difference does it make ?

Comment

I’m not sure when I started, and I do recall having to start over on the new board too. I was off this one for awhile because I picked up a virus on it and I think I came back in 2009.

Comment

I think everybody had to start over on the new board and that is why all of our join dates say 2006. I don't remember the reason for this new board and everybody starting over in 2006 ??

Comment

I joined in either 1997 or 1999... I'm leaning towards the former. It was just after I returned from a trip to the USA and was looking for a recipe for bread that I liked from a restaurant. Never found the recipe but instead found some very friendly people
                I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
                would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                  I think everybody had to start over on the new board and that is why all of our join dates say 2006. I don't remember the reason for this new board and everybody starting over in 2006 ??
                  From Stephanie......

06-02-2008, 09:36 AM

Re: Old Board....New Board

This was never TSR. We had the board hosted/formated with another company. When they opted to charge per page view, the costs shot up amazingly. I think I was paying between 300-500 a month to host the message board. I really couldn't afford to keep that going. So I looked for another solution and opted for this board. The original board was set up in I couldn't even tell you 1999? 2000? Someone else might know. We have been under this board format for about 2 years now, maybe a little longer.

So that's why you get the Old Board V New Board sometimes.

Comment

I totally forgot that Allie. Thanks for the information. Would you know how Karen could find out when she first joined on the old board? I am sure she would be grateful. Thanks in advance if you can and thanks anyhow even if you can't.

Have a nice night and great weekend.
                    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
                    He drew a circle that shut me out.
                    But love and I had the wit to win,
                    We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Originally posted by livetobake View Post
                      I totally forgot that Allie. Thanks for the information. Would you know how Karen could find out when she first joined on the old board? I am sure she would be grateful. Thanks in advance if you can and thanks anyhow even if you can't.

Have a nice night and great weekend.
                      I have no idea. I went to the wayback machine and on their chart, it had 1999 as the last year they even referred to. But, none of the links worked. I know I was on that board in 1998 or 1999. My son graduated in 1998 and my daughter graduated in 2000, so it was in that time frame somewhere.

Comment

So I go back to my original question, why does
                        Mudderbear wants to know ?? Why cant she tell us why that is important to her ?
                        after all it is now 2021!
                        and here is a thought, why not go and do a search for herself ? Instead of having other people like LTB do her questioning ?
                        Last edited by Sabine; 10-01-2021, 06:34 PM.

Comment

WOW!!! Why is it so important to YOU, Sabine. I was just plain old curious? that's all.....I had not been posting for sometime, and was just taking a peek at the board, and I just thought to myself, 'I have been a member a long time here, used to posting daily, and now I've been absent awhile, just wondered! Didn't think it was such an odd question. Does my answer satisfy you???!!!! Geeze, some people......

Comment

Hi Mudder. I think I found CK around 98. As you and most remember it was a very different place then. Can't remember any nasty people. Had so much fun & tons of laughs.

Comment

Do you remember Nuisance ? Real first name Jackie ?

Comment

Working...
                              X