Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 2nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is another lovely morning with some thin clouds starting a formation for the rain that is headed this way. The high will be 78 and the low of 62.

I feel like the tin man that needs oiled as I am so stiff and sore. Pulling all the flowers from the boxes and vegetation from the garden beds has my hands letting know I am not as young as I once was. DGS was not impressed with me that I had done so much and said he will put the wind spinners up for me and I will gladly and gratefully let him. It looks so bare now but at least it is done till Spring.

I am solo today so will just pick at what I have in the fridge.

What will you be having this Saturday?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I also did some gardening today... pulled weeds out of the vegetable garden ready to plant the tomatoes, beans and zucchinis tomorrow. Perfect weather for gardens... a lot of rain and warm in the afternoons. I also need to make up some soapy water for the roses. The rain brings thrip and the soap kills them.

Dinner tonight: John had some frankfurts in bread rolls. I used the airfryer to cook some salt and pepper prawns (frozen from Aldi). They were good.

https://i.imgur.com/LLlQWBQ.jpg
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Hi everyone, been hanging out reading and just had to join back in. chayote has inspired me to have a freezer blitz starting tomorrow. SCARY cause I have no idea what's at the back of the freezer.
      Tonight we will have French toast and little smokies

Comment

I just couldn’t eat what I fixed (frozen pizza) so I had yogurt. Tomorrow I will take out chicken and fix a decent meal. Most likely a curry dish.

Comment

It’s been a very pretty day today, sunny and cool. We finally got our WiFi up and running properly again, it took another tech visit to get it back online. I hate it when our tech devices don’t work right! Otherwise it’s been a pretty quiet day. My arm aches a little where I got my booster shot and I had a bit of a headache but a couple Advil took care of that.

We’re having Papa Murphy’s pizza for dinner, it’s going to taste so good!

Comment

Finally got the bean soup done today. Hubs had to go to the cabinet sale to pick up a few kitchens. Of course when he got up at 4 am he makes so much noise I was up as well. Planning on cleaning out my pantry and rotating every thing tomorrow, or I might just be a couch potato and watch Star Track all day lol.

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
              Hi everyone, been hanging out reading and just had to join back in. chayote has inspired me to have a freezer blitz starting tomorrow. SCARY cause I have no idea what's at the back of the freezer.
              Tonight we will have French toast and little smokies
              Rosie!! (((((HUG))))) Good to see you... I'm chuffed that I've inspired someone, even if it's only a freezer blitz.... *LOL* I think it's easy at the beginning because I have so much choice from the freezer, but towards the end it might not be so appetising. I've promised John that we'll have crumbed lamb cutlets (his #1 favourite meal, pork being a close #2) at the 30-day point. The only meat I've continued to buy is bacon because it's good to use with a boring meal to jazz it up.

smokies? My google suggests the following:

A West African smokie is a food prepared by blowtorching the fleece off the unskinned carcass of an old sheep or goat. Probably not

The Arbroath smokie is a type of smoked haddock. The tradition of smoking these haddocks is said to have originated in the small fishing village in Scotland. Possible but smoked fish doesn't really go with french toast

A type of smoked sausage, often used for hot dogs. I'm going with this one, but they are not called "smokies" in Australia! They are called "little boys"

https://i.imgur.com/uKt5enW.jpg?1

Comment

TY Chayote made me feel welcome. Got such a kick out of your descriptions of little smokies. There like little smoked sausages. Look like your little boys but don't taste like hot dogs.
                good to be back.

Comment

LOL Chayote! By all means, let’s have that West African Smokie! I absolutely love reading the differences in the names of products between Australia and USA, it’s very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
                    TY Chayote made me feel welcome. Got such a kick out of your descriptions of little smokies. There like little smoked sausages. Look like your little boys but don't taste like hot dogs.
                    good to be back.
                    I love that you're back posting here. So much easier than Pinterest

Over the years people have said that it's rude calling cocktail frankfurts, "little boys" but it has nothing to do with any part of a little boy. Australia uses a lot of rhyming slang:

Bag of fruit = a man's suit... that's a nice bag of fruit you're wearing

Al Capone = a telephone... give me a call on the Al Capone

A china plate = without my china plate (friend, buddy), I'd be on my Pat Malone (alone)

Gregory Peck = a cheque

Mickey Mouse = our day was grouse

Trouble and strife = gotta get home to the wife

Some rhyming slang is not suitable to write here... *LOL* You get the idea. So cocktail frankfurts became "little boys" which rhymes with saveloys

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                      LOL Chayote! By all means, let’s have that West African Smokie! I absolutely love reading the differences in the names of products between Australia and USA, it’s very interesting.
                      When I read about the West African Smokie, I was almost sick. I'm glad that the poor sheep and goats were already dead.

There are so many differences between our languages. I remember being very puzzled when someone told me that they were rooting from the bleachers. In public? really?

Comment

Working...
                      X