Crafting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crafting?

Is anyone crafting anything? I found a pattern for a scrappy crochet basket @poppet .com I can't stop making them. So stinkin easy. Hoping to sell some at next craft show. I changed the pattern after making several as she shows them.
    just interested what everyone is into

I wish I could but my hands start cramping. I used to crochet a little bit. I was a beginner, so didn't learn any the harder stuff.

Comment

Yes I can relate. Went thru a time couldn't crochet cause it hurt my hands & wrist. But I kept trying cause I love it so much. Now it hurts. I take a lot of breaks. This is harder cause you hold 4 strands at a time.

Comment

Crocheting here and I will till my hands give totally out. Just took a 2 week break especially after peeling apples for applesauce and pulling everything out all the flowers from the flower boxes and vegetable plants from the garden beds. I hope I can start again by Wednesday or there about.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

LTB wondered if you were still making scarves. It's a wonderful thing you do!! The knit group I go to in Greenville OH. Gives to a church that has a mitten tree so I make a lot of mittens & hats for kids and adults. I have all those ready to deliver. Now I'm HOOKED on these crazy baskets

Comment

Yes I do. I have 72 so far that are ready and bagged up so delivering. I hope I can get a few more for starting the cold weather.
            I also have 16 twin sized blankets made and about 80 "Curly Q's" as it seems not only the children like them but adults also for putting on key chains so they can see them easier.

I am lucky that I had so much yarn as I have not had the need for buying any and for that I am grateful and for those that gift me some when they come across some.

Thank you. I firmly believe that giving and helping others with a humble heart and willing hands is part of what life should be about. You do the same as do others.

The baskets sound interesting. Could you post a picture maybe? Thanks if you can and that is ok if you can't.

Have a good one!

Comment

I would love to post a pic but can't on CK WOW that's a lot of crocheting and will be most appreciated. I totally agree with you on giving WITH A HUMBLE HEART. We somehow must get back to loving each other

Comment

I’ve done lots of different crafts over the years. I taught myself to knit out of an instruction book in grade school and did that for awhile but never got good at it. I learned to crochet from a book when I was in my 20’s, still crochet occasionally. I got into plaster craft painting, did some nice pieces that people wanted to order from me and I found out I really hate making duplicates of anything! I did a lot of crewel embroidery and a ton of needlepoint, I have a lot of those framed in our home. I did so much needlepoint that I developed severe tendinitis and can’t do it now because it relapses immediately. I also did some quilting, made a bunch of those Qwillows, sold a bunch, but again got bored doing the same things. recently crocheted 2 Christmas colored scarves to wrap around our big chainsaw carved bears on the front porch during the holidays. Now I’m on another reading jag but I’ve also given some thought to trying knitting again. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
                  I would love to post a pic but can't on CK
                  If you want to email me the picture, I can upload it here if you want...
                  I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
                  would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

At the moment I'm more into knitting. My grandmother taught me to knit when I was 5 and I made my first jumper/sweater when I was 7. Right now I'm knitting jackets for Hannah. Previously I knitted cardigans for Immy.

I'm halfway through the second blanket for my sister... dragging my feet with it somewhat because it's very large and heavy. I like crocheting but enjoying a break from it.

I also sew a lot. The next thing I have scheduled is to lengthen Immy's school pants by adding ribbing bands to the bottom. Always a problem for Immy because she's a size 4 with size 8 length in her legs... After that I'll be making some little pinnies for Hannah because her bibs are just not doing the job.

Comment

WOW Charlene you are the super crafter. I use to do cross stitch but can't see good enuf anymore.

Chayote. TY for the offer and I know we did that yrs ago but can't remember how. I did get a new phone but I pretty much suck at using it. The email is not set up. I don't know if I can text across the puddle.

Comment

It is ok rosie as I saw what they look like and while seeing one of yours would be nice as I am sure it is beautiful, I now know what they look like in general just smaller then yours.

Comment

WOW Charlene you are the super crafter. I use to do cross stitch but can't see good enuf anymore.
                          I never did get into counted cross stitch, it’s beautiful, I love seeing them, but I don’t think my eyes would like it much now. When I was younger I worked in electronics for many years on a 10x microscope and my eyes kind of took a beating. I do still crochet occasionally, my scarves for wooden bears came out really cute. I’ve sold off most of the crafting supplies I had, I just wasn’t using them and didn’t plan to. I did keep all my crochet hooks though! I have a HUGE pile of books in my “to be read” pile though!

Comment

I started an afghan but my arthritis in my hands is getting horrible so it is just sitting waiting for me to go back to work on it.

Comment

Chayote. TY for the offer and I know we did that yrs ago but can't remember how. I did get a new phone but I pretty much suck at using it. The email is not set up. I don't know if I can text across the puddle.
                              The offer stands... no time limit if you work it all out

Comment

Working...
                              X