Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hi:

I've been looking around tonight and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Beth and I'm from southern Louisiana. I am an -almost- 50 year old mother to a 18 month old daughter that my husband and I are adopting. There's a long story there. And it is both heartbreaking and jubilant!

When I'm not at home chasing a toddler, I'm sort of dabbling in the law enforcement side of things. My side hustle is a travel agency, which I started up a couple of years ago. I absolutely love doing both professions! The TA will be what I do when I retire from law enforcement... 8 more years to go!

It's been so long since I've seen a chat board online that I had to join both the board and the fun. I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Originally posted by Lexi0030 View Post
    Hi:

I've been looking around tonight and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Beth and I'm from southern Louisiana. I am an -almost- 50 year old mother to a 18 month old daughter that my husband and I are adopting. There's a long story there. And it is both heartbreaking and jubilant!

When I'm not at home chasing a toddler, I'm sort of dabbling in the law enforcement side of things. My side hustle is a travel agency, which I started up a couple of years ago. I absolutely love doing both professions! The TA will be what I do when I retire from law enforcement... 8 more years to go!

It's been so long since I've seen a chat board online that I had to join both the board and the fun. I look forward to getting to know all of you!
    Welcome to CopyKat, Lexi... it can get quiet on our board but with new posters, there's always something to talk about... Congratulations on adopting your little girl. What a precious time in your life and no doubt exhausting.

My name is Jan and I live west of Melbourne, Australia. I've been on this board for over 20 years. I have three adult children and three adorable grandchildren, Immy who is 6, Andrew at 5 and little Hannah, 9 months. I'm retired and am full time carer for my husband, John.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Greetings Lexi. It is nice seeing a new member. I hope you have fun checking us out and enjoy joining in on the chats.

I am sometimes called LTB and I do the dinner post and weather post combined daily.

It will fun getting to know you and having you here.

Have a great day!
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Welcome! Bless your heart for raising a toddler, I know the grand kids wear me out after a weekend.

Comment

Welcome Lexi looking forward to hearing all the excitement of raising a wee little one. My grandkids are grown so we've settled in to same ol same ol. Your careers sound interesting and exciting. Oh my name is Betty and I am a life long resident of Indiana

Comment

Welcome Lexi!

I’ve been on chatboards on and off since about 1998 or 1989. My husband and I live in Stanwood WA, we’ve been here 2 years after living in Los Angeles County CA for over 70 years. No, we don’t miss CA one bit! We’ve been together 46 years and he raised my 3 children just like they were his own. My kids are all approaching retirement age now and most of my grandkids are adults and I have 2 great-grandkids. They’re all scattered all over the country now. We have a very spoiled 10 year old canine fur baby named Abby. I’m an avid and adventurous cook and my husband is an old car nut, he’s rebuilding a 1938 Ford street rod right now. It’s almost done, looking forward to road trips! Building or rebuilding old cars is not a speedy process, it can take a long time. Besides, it keeps him out of my hair in the house!

Comment

Welcome Lexi! We need some new members and hope you'll contribute to conversations--not that I do, but should do more often even though I check this board a couple of times a day. I have been on this board since my kids were in kindergarten and first grade which means about 1989 or so, when my posting name was Barbb. They are both now married and each have two children, so I'm a grandmother of four. Time passes quickly!

Comment

Hi Home buddy! It is nice seeing you posting. You are missed.

Comment

Thanks, livetobake. I've been around but have been quiet. I should start piping in on the daily dinner posts once in awhile.

Comment

You are welcome. It would be so nice if you did post when you feel like it. It is always nice having a "old" member posting again as well as new ones.

Have a good day!

Comment

Sorry Home buddy. I should have said "long time" member instead of "old". Guess i am just feeling "old" myself today.

Comment

LOL-- No offense taken, livetobake. I've grown old with this board!

Comment

Thank you!!!

Comment

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

Didn't realize so much time has passed since I started this post. This week has been a little crazy, with more to follow this week.

Rosie, I have the best job ever! I mentioned that I work with law enforcement but it is more with the media and public relations side. And, no, I am not a reporter. Haha! I am an administrative assistant to the public information officer for our local law enforcement agency (LEA) as well as the administrative assistant for Crime Stoppers. If you've never heard of Crime Stoppers, read up on it! It's an international organization that does some amazing things for your community, which, first and foremost, assists the general public with solving crimes in their community. I also have my finger in a few more things for our LEA, which I will probably tell you about as they happen. I organize blood drives, elderly workshops, pop up on the radio and TV once in a while, etc. As a matter of fact, I was reading an email earlier that said my boss needed me to help him out with writing a press release for the media, work with another LEA on the crime they want to spotlight and write a script for the radio today, maybe a TV script for tomorrow. And, I have an extremely busy boss. Some times I help him out and record the radio clip if he is in a time crunch. I'm happy to have him do all of the TV stuff but he slips me in front of the camera once in a while. Sounds a little glam but, believe me, it's not. We work very hard.

And if that isn't enough... My little one also hasn't been feeling well. We are all getting over some type of cold / virus and the baby's eyes started to get a little pink too. Yep. You guessed it... pink eye. I probably should stay home today but my Thera-Flu and I are going to work.

Here's a pic of Laila, our late life pride and joy. You'll notice that her arm is a little different. Our Laila has birth defects... 8 different ones, to be exact. She has been diagnosed with VACTERL Association and MRKH. There's little research for you to do if you have never heard of those. VACTERL is an acronym and Laila was born with all 7. But I can tell you that her birth defects are not genetic or chromosomal. Some times, fetal cells do not form quite right when they are in the womb. No reason for it; it just happens. But, she's a very happy little girl and we have our hands full. We're loving it! And she is definitely a Daddy's girl.

(Admin, I know that pics take a lot of space on a board. You are welcome to let everyone oooh and ahhh over my little love before taking it down. You won't hurt my feelings!)
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

What a beautiful little Laila!! I love her expression as she looks like she is interested in everything. I love her eyes.

It is nice hearing from you again and hope you have a wonderful day and you and your family are feeling better soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X