Old TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old TV Shows

I was browsing in YouTube and came across an old program I have not seen since I was a child. What's My Line is one that had an elegant air about it in the way everyone dressed, the manners and each treated the other with respect. That is sure something that is missing not only on TV but in daily life it seems. Not so much how people dress but the manners and respect.

I grew up with the black and white programs so I love seeing them again. Howdy Doodie and Lawrence Welk show I also just recently watched. Lawrence Welk had such class and so did the the people on the show.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

My husband and I watch To Tell The Truth with Gary Moore and What's My Line with Larry Blyden every weekday morning from 8 am - 9 am on Buzzr TV, Channel 5.2 for us. we've watched it enough that we are seeing repeats and three-peats. I always like to see who the celebrity mystery guest is going to be on What's My Line. Of course, most people have now passed away. Some of the old shows are interesting but others are hard to watch because they are so old like Emergency! and Knight Rider. My husband still likes to watch the old Gunsmoke episodes but he doesn't care for Bonanza for some reason. Big Valley is another one he likes but it only plays on weekends. And, no one ever seems to get tired of I Love Lucy - a classic that is still funny today.

Comment

Neither of us are fans of watching old shows anymore. We used to watch MASH and I Love Lucy many years back, but none of the others really pique our interest. We do occasionally watch Seinfeld reruns at 10 pm and 10:30 pm when there’s nothing else we want to watch at that time.

Comment

I Love Lucy is a big favorite of mine, and my kids grew up on it too, watching re-runs with me in the morning when they were off from school during the summer or during school breaks. The one show I'd love to see again is "The Millionaire". Great guest stars, and an interesting theme of John Beresford Tipton sending out his secretary, Michael Anthony, to deliver a million dollar check to deserving recipients. Vera, I wish we had Buzzr TV available to us to watch "To Tell The Truth" and "What's My Line". Back in the '50's, big name stars would take the time to guest star in episodes on Naked City, Twilight Zone, Gunsmoke (and many others that I can't recall at the moment), and on game shows. Those were the days!

Comment

Home buddy, The Millionaire was one of my all time favorite shows when I was in school! I even wrote an essay where we had to use a list of obscure words to write a story and Mr. Tipton was prominently featured. I got an A on it, wish I still had a copy of it.

Comment

The Millionaire was such an interesting show. There are a few (3 or 4?) episodes on YouTube. Other than that, DVDs of the shows are not available. I check every so often on Amazon, but nothing.

Comment

Home buddy if you watch YouTube then you can see What's my Line. I have been watching that show a lot lately as I really enjoy seeing the different occupations of the guests and the seeing the "Mystery" guest.
              Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
              He drew a circle that shut me out.
              But love and I had the wit to win,
              We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Working...
              X