Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 8th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is overcast along with being muggy that was getting worse yesterday as the day wore on. The high will be 76 and the low of 63 with rain in the forecast.

I am baking fish with a lemon butter sauce, scalloped potatoes, salad and fruit will be dinner.

What will be your Friday evening dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Making a deep dish pizza tonight. I am going to load it up with artichokes so it feels healthy!

Comment

g'day, muzette... I was just telling John about all the different meats that you grew up eating. He said I was making it up... *LOL* He thinks that all people only eat the basics... beef, lamb, pork and chicken. I must admit that the only people I've seen eating turtle are running around in Africa, naked and afraid! Don't misunderstand me... I think you've been very adventurous with your food choices.
      I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
      would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Just a routine day. I put our medications together for the next three weeks, even though it feels like I only did it a week ago. COVID has taken away my calculation of time. I feel like I haven't seen Andrew and Hannah for about a year but we were in Adelaide in May this year.

I'm almost finished Immy's cardi, just have the front bands to stitch on and venture out to buy some nice buttons. My next knitting project is a hat for little Cora. She lost her favourite hat and is very upset. I have a photo of her wearing it and hopefully I can convert the photo into a pattern.

We did a bit of gardening today. The tomatoes and zucchinis that I planted are looking a bit droopy so I tied them up and fed them with some Dynamic Lifter. It will either resuscitate or kill them. Tomorrow I'll be planting out some lavender plants along the front garden. All the plants in the front garden are flowering and they are all different shades of purple. It looks amazing. I'm researching orchids with our new house in mind. My sister has about 50 orchids in her garden and the display is stunning. Besides that, they would provide some nice gifts for Andrew and Hannah to take to their teachers.

Dinner tonight: John had beer battered fish cooked in the airfryer, potato and onion hash and peas; I enjoyed lasagna that I made a long time ago and found in the freezer...

https://i.imgur.com/Kzm8arp.jpg
        I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
        would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

It’s a beautiful day today but definitely on the cool side. We haven’t done much of anything but go to Costco and exchange some outdoor lights that weren’t working. We picked up some more small rugs, 2 for the bedroom next to the bed and one for the front door entry. I got another rotisserie chicken to cut up, mostly so I can make sure Abby eats something and has her insulin before her vet appointment next week. We put her food out for her in the morning and she ignores it until later in the day. She does NOT ignore chicken!

We’re having the rest of the Apple pork chop bake and sautéed zucchini for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
            g'day, muzette... I was just telling John about all the different meats that you grew up eating. He said I was making it up... *LOL* He thinks that all people only eat the basics... beef, lamb, pork and chicken. I must admit that the only people I've seen eating turtle are running around in Africa, naked and afraid! Don't misunderstand me... I think you've been very adventurous with your food choices.
            I was not from a sense of adventure it was from being Appalachian poor. We also ate a lot of squirrel and bear because we had hunter friends that would give it to us. We ate tons of mangos as well because its a popular food among the Amish community and they were cheap at auction. I hated mangos until recently when I learned how to cover them in Mexican spices and now I love them. I stick to the basics now, except lamb lol. Although like I said I do miss rabbit, but we breaded it and deep fried it like chicken.

Comment

Working...
            X