Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any food that you're craving?

Whether you can't get it because of COVID or it's a party food but you can't have parties? ...for me it's been pavlova. I usually make it at Christmas and whenever someone is having a birthday. Many of my pavlovas over the years have been used as a birthday cake, simply with the addition of candles. Today I decided to make one just because I can. I'm going to cut it in half to share with Tiff's family, each of us having some of each topping. Immy loves pavlova with strawberries and that's my preference as well. Tiff likes both toppings but Tim doesn't like strawberries so he will have the peppermint/chocolate topping.

Although it looks sweet, it only has 1 cups of sugar in the whole six serves. The cream has fat but I'm pretending it doesn't.

https://i.imgur.com/CR40iWh.jpg

So what food item/s are you craving for?
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Always craving SHRIMP I call it manna and choc cake with choc icing and choc ice cream. Crap now I want choc cake

Comment

I'm always craving pot stickers. Take out ones are the best, but usually frozen will have to fill the bill. When my husband isn't home for dinner (which happens only a few times of the year) out come the pot stickers from the freezer. If we decide to order Chinese, it's as much for the pot stickers as it is for the entrees!

Comment

No, not craving anything. For the most part what I want to eat I can either fix myself or go to a restaurant to get it. Thankfully Texas is not in lockdown anymore , wearing a mask is optional for the most part.
        The problem that we have is that a lot of restaurants don't have enough workers, so they are not open to their regulars hours. or totally closed. It's a big problem, just about every place, restaurants or stores are hiring, but people don't want to work or don't need to work because our current government pays people to stay home. Sad but true.

Comment

When I am at a traffic light, there are people holding up signs begging for money. Yet, all they have to do is cross the street to the small shopping centers and there are signs out for hiring. Certainly, people can earn more money working an hourly wage than walking in the median strip with a sign. Then they light up a cigarette and pull out their fancy phones - unbelievable.

I'm not craving anything now since I just finished dinner. If I want something salty, I get crackers or chips. Something sweet - nothing beats ice cream or the pavlova topped with fruit that Chayote mentioned.

Comment

I so agree with you Vera. People begging for money on street intersections goes on here also, even before covid. All they want is money to go to the corner store to get some alcohol or cigarettes, when they have what they want , they walk to the nearest parking lot, and get into their car and drive off. It's a scam for the most part. They don't want to work. And they probably collect welfare, food stamps and money for housing.
            And now that hourly wage has gone up to $ 15 , minimum wage, here in San Antonio , unreal. But these morons don't understand / realize that if a business owner pays that much minimum wage, he has to raise the prize of the merchandise he sells, be it food or whatever. He / she also most likely can not hire as many people to work. Its a domino effect. Thank Joe Biden.

Comment

Oh for cryin out loud. Has NOTHING to do with Biden. Biden has his plate full trying to clean up this country after a disgusting embarrasing complete MORON. Like people just started doing this ! Get off the moron train and do something to help this country get some morals back

Comment

Sounds like you drank the Biden cool aid, good luck Rosie!

Comment

Thanks Sabine good luck to you as well in your Q crazy crap. You might want to check when extra money started going out. 4/20. That was not Biden

Comment

I’m kind of craving a really good steak but beef prices are ridiculous right now, even ground beef is going for about $8 a pound here for good beef, and steaks are pushing $20 per pound. Good thing I love chicken and pork! I kind of miss going out for dinner, we may just go for it this weekend, but that could change at any given moment.

Comment

I'm craving everything high fat and high spice, but mostly pizza and chili. I haven't had pizza since 2017

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
                        Thanks Sabine good luck to you as well in your Q crazy crap. You might want to check when extra money started going out. 4/20. That was not Biden
                        I wouldn't know , I didn't get any checks from the government , but since you know the exact date, you must have gotten a check.

Comment

and, Biden jsut mandated that federal employees/contractors get the $15 hour. Does that cover everyone?

Comment

Nope no check for us

Just have to be up on what the moron did so when Biden gets blamed for his stupid crap I can defend Biden
                            Last edited by rosie; 10-13-2021, 10:00 PM.

Comment

so.... anyone craving for chocolate? Not what I thought would happen on a thread talking about food cravings. Hate me for it if you want but I'm going to have Paprika close the topic before it gets out of hand.
                              I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
                              would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Working...
                              X