Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 13th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It will be a partly sunny day with the high of 75 and the low of 62.

Potato salad, BBQ chicken sandwiches, baked beans and coleslaw will be dinner.

What are you having tonight?

Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Darn! I don't like daylight savings time, aka Summer time. You are all getting ready for your day and I'm going to bed.

It was cold today and the whole week is forecast is the same every day. Not good for the new vegetable plants.

We met our new neighbours in Gordon's house. They seem to be really nice people. The older man is focused on the gardens. He plans on pulling almost everything out. He worked in Horticulture for the government for 16 years so I assume he knows what he's doing. They have a lot of repairs to the house before they move in. The son (about 35) and father (about 70) are doing most of the work but the house needs restumping so that requires a professional. They are trying to rid of some of the soil from the gardens and I'm going to offer to buy some from them. Hopefully they'll be happy to just let me take some. We have planters that need filling up.

Dinner tonight was simple. John wasn't feeling well but managed to have a bacon and egg roll. I had a bowl of pumpkin soup and a slice of pavlova.

We saw Immy very briefly today. She goes back to school on Monday and she can't wait! Either can her father who's had to homeschool her since lockdown started.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

It’s another cool and cloudy day today, it’s felt good to have warm stuff on! Not much going on today, I did go get a haircut though. I’ve been reading this afternoon, still working on Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. The book is almost 1000 pages and I’m on about 700 now.

We’re having cheeseburger pasta and some fruit for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
        I’ve been reading this afternoon, still working on Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. The book is almost 1000 pages and I’m on about 700 now.
        Charlie is my reader... we used to say that he read books by the kilo... *LOL* He's read all the Ken Follett books. You might like books by Australian author, Colleen McCullough if you haven't already come across her. Charlie has a full set of First Editions of her books. Her most famous book is The Thorn Birds which was made into a mini series on TV.

Comment

I have read some of her books Chayote, but it has been awhile. I’ve been an avid reader all my life. I don’t know why I never got to any of Follett’s books until recently, but I have the rest of this series and the prequel in my to be read pile right now. I totally get the “buying books by the kilo”! I’ve often said I buy them by the pound!

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
            I have read some of her books Chayote, but it has been awhile. I’ve been an avid reader all my life. I don’t know why I never got to any of Follett’s books until recently, but I have the rest of this series and the prequel in my to be read pile right now. I totally get the “buying books by the kilo”! I’ve often said I buy them by the pound!
            I cried when Colleen McCullough died. She was such a beautiful being. She lived in a modest shack on Norfolk Island (Australia) and never wanted an mod cons of any kind. I loved listening to her when she was interviewed on TV. She had a lot of illness in her later life.

https://i.imgur.com/BV3knJ8.jpg

Comment

Working...
            X