Blitz pros & cons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blitz pros & cons

I'm a newbie at this. Sure Chayote can add a lot. So far pros are not much cooking or clean up. Using most of what's in there instead of pitching it cause it gets to old ( tho I've had to pitch some stuff)
    cons. I now have room for ice cream. I see many pounds coming cause ya know ICE CREAM and 0 control

Waiting for the responses to this! I have no idea what you're talking about. LOL

Comment

Cleaning out the freezer and using what's in there for meals before buying more food for the freezer

It so nice seeing you post Ang. You are missed!!
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

WOW AngID seriously you crossed my mind just a few days ago. Wondered how you were doing

Comment

Thank you, livetobake, for bringing Angie up to date with the freezer blitz. Nice of you to take an interest in what I'm doing.
          I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
          would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
            I'm a newbie at this. Sure Chayote can add a lot. So far pros are not much cooking or clean up. Using most of what's in there instead of pitching it cause it gets to old ( tho I've had to pitch some stuff)
            cons. I now have room for ice cream. I see many pounds coming cause ya know ICE CREAM and 0 control
            The pros for me is that I have a few frozen meals that I made up over the past couple of months. John usually rejects these meals because he wants roast pork... Now I don't ask him what he would like for dinner. As my dear old Dad used to say, "it's a not a restaurant... just give me whatever you're cooking".

I hear you with the icecream. We have icecream after most of our dinners. Usually it's sliced banana, vanilla icecream and some Ice Magic on top. Because the icecream we like is usually $9 for a 2 litre container, I buy it when Woolworths has it listed on a half price special. The bottom drawer of our freezer is only for icecream and there's currently 3 containers. I go through a lot of sorbet which I add to my smoothies and again I buy it when it's on special.

The meat is being used slower than I had hoped. I've found some treasures... a cryo packed eye filet steak which I'll cook rare and slice it thin... some pork steaks that I'll keep for a surprise but tonight he's having the last burger patty.

At the end of our blitz I'll bundle up any meat that I wouldn't use and cook it up for Tiff's dogs. They eat anything.
            I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
            would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Hey I blitzed the rest of last years cow from my garage freezer because the new one was coming. It came at the right time because meat prices are crazy. I am already trying to find a turkey for Thanksgiving. They say they will be hard to come by because of shipping. My friend works at the grocery store and said thy only have one turkey shipment coming in this year so he is going to call me when they come. That also means I need to empty out the fridge freezer. Its mostly frozen stock and veggies but I am working on it because I have no other place to stash a turkey.

Comment

That is what I am buying this morning muz. Giant Eagle has center cut pork chops on sale for $1.99 so I am buying up some and freezing them. I got chicken breasts, boneless and skinless at Aldi a couple weeks ago for $1.77 and froze a lot of them. I am now on the prowl for hamburger, the 80/20 for the freezer also. I am hoping Giant Eagle will have some turkeys out while I am there so I can snag a couple of turkey breasts.

I have been using up a lot of freezer items knowing that I am wanting the space for items for the winter and early spring.
                Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
                He drew a circle that shut me out.
                But love and I had the wit to win,
                We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Our Giant Eagle had 2 small turkeys, I have not found a big one yet.

Comment

LTB I saw the chicken leg 1/4s at Aldi for .49 I ran to the recycling bin with the flyer. I fear if I came in with more meat Joe might laugh himself into oblivion. BUT if the blitz weren't in force I would be stocking up.

Comment

Working...
                    X