Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 14th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a partly cloudy day with a chance of shower along with the high of 83 and the low of 64.

I am heading out for some meat that is on sale so will decide what dinner will be while I am out looking at items.

What will you be eating for your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We had a crappy day. John is sick. He had a COVID test about seven hours ago... they said he will receive the result between 24 and 36 hours from the time of the test.

John didn't have dinner... I had a cup of 2-minute noodles. It was that kind of day.

Instead of posting my dinner, I'll post my perfect rose that I found in my garden today. There are about five of them equally as beautiful. If I was allowed to visit the cemetery, I would take them to my Mum. Actually I haven't been allowed there in almost 22 months. Anyway... enough sadness and stress. Here's my rose:

https://i.imgur.com/R0WdNrp.jpg
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Oh Chayote yellow roses are my all time favorite flower and that one is PERFECTION.
      Today is our 38th anniversary so idk. What we will eat. I pulled a flank steak to marinate along with the usual suspects OR we may go out ???
      We will be waiting to hear John's results. Praying it's not covid !!

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
        Oh Chayote yellow roses are my all time favorite flower and that one is PERFECTION.
        Today is our 38th anniversary so idk. What we will eat. I pulled a flank steak to marinate along with the usual suspects OR we may go out ???
        We will be waiting to hear John's results. Praying it's not covid !!
        Thank you, rosie... happy anniversary! I hope you're able to celebrate in some way, even if it's just sharing an upmarket tub of icecream.

If I could give you my rose, I'd pick it for you. I was amazed at how perfect it is.

Comment

"Instead of posting my dinner, I'll post my perfect rose that I found in my garden today. There are about five of them equally as beautiful. If I was allowed to visit the cemetery, I would take them to my Mum. Actually I haven't been allowed there in almost 22 months. Anyway... enough sadness and stress. Here's my rose:"
          Beautiful rose, you are not allowed to go to the cemetery ?? Because of covid ? I don't understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
            Beautiful rose, you are not allowed to go to the cemetery ?? Because of covid ? I don't understand that.
            Sabine, we are still in lockdown and a curfew and have been for months. It just goes on and on. I know it could be worse and we are lucky with so much we have to make it easier but after a while it messes with our brains. Most of the time I don't even know what day it is. I feel for the people like Gordon who live in Care and can't have visitors.

My parents are in a cemetery outside of the limit of where we are allowed to drive. Even if we could drive there, it's closed to the public except for 10 people who can attend a funeral.

Comment

I hope he does not have covid. We were lucky for us it was just like a bad cold, but my MIL is a long hauler and my SIL was hospitalized.

Making fideo for dinner tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

Sabine, we are still in lockdown and a curfew and have been for months. It just goes on and on. I know it could be worse and we are lucky with so much we have to make it easier but after a while it messes with our brains. Most of the time I don't even know what day it is. I feel for the people like Gordon who live in Care and can't have visitors.

My parents are in a cemetery outside of the limit of where we are allowed to drive. Even if we could drive there, it's closed to the public except for 10 people who can attend a funeral.
                OK, I understand. For some reason I thought that the cemetery your parents a buried at , was close to your house or in the same town. Yes, you have been under lockdown for so long, it gets to you after a while.
                I hope that John doesn't have covid. Keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

OK, I understand. For some reason I thought that the cemetery your parents a buried at , was close to your house or in the same town. Yes, you have been under lockdown for so long, it gets to you after a while.
                  I hope that John doesn't have covid. Keep us posted.
                  Their graves are at a cemetery close to where they lived which is about 30km from us. My maternal grandparents, aunts and uncles are all there.

John is finally asleep so I should go to bed while I can. I stayed up until he stopped coughing.

Comment

I hadn't quit decided on dinner. Either Japanese Curried Chicken or a steak for tonight. Rice with the curry or a baked potato with the steak.

Comment

I sure hope John feels better and doesn’t have COVID Chayote! Fingers and toes crossed for him.

It’s another chilly day today with some light sprinkles. I had to get up early to make sure Abby ate and had her insulin before 8:30 am so she could go to the vet for a Glucose curve series of tests today. I gave her a dish of cut up rotisserie chicken breast because I knew she’d jump up from a sound sleep to get to that! She’ll be there until about 4:30-5 pm. Sure is weird without her in the house, I swear we’ve both looked for her at least a dozen times. I got out my one set of knitting needles and a how to book and tried out doing some knitting today. Now I remember why I quit doing it after I learned to crochet! I never learned the proper fingering of the yarn for ease of doing it, part of the problem with teaching yourself out of a book in grade school. I don’t see myself doing it very much in the future though, crochet is better for me. Oh well, thought I’d give it a try!

We’re having some Costco Mandarin Orange Chicken and some Seeds of Change Seven Whole Grains for dinner. I thought I’d compare Costco’s MO chicken with Trader Joe’s MO chicken that we love, it’s a lot closer to Costco than TJ’s!

Comment

I finally decided on a small filet wrapped in bacon, cucumber with sour cream for my salad and grilled potato. Now I get to wind dow n for the evening.

have a good evening.

Comment

Working...
                        X