Water fried potatoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water fried potatoes

So I saw this recipe on Tik tok. You cut up about 2 1/2 lbs of potatoes into bite sized pieces, add it to a frying pan with 1 c water and 1/2 stick of butter with your favorite seasonings. Cover it up and bring it to a boil. Stir it a few times while it cooking. When they are tender you take off the lid to burn off the remaining water, and just cook until crisp. They were the best fried potatoes I ever made and so stupid easy. I never even thought of making them this way, but if you heavily season them, they kind of suck it up with the water.

I have done that many times over the years muz. It does work great and yes, you season after the water is gone. I don't remember now why I did it the first time but seems like I was in a hurry and thought that might be a quick way.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I seasoned it when I added the water so it kind of cooked in.

Comment

That does sound good muzette! I do believe I’ll give it a try, it sounds a lot like the Melting Potatoes recipe I’ve seen recently.

Comment

I just learned something. When I did that there was not a lot of flavor but I did not season it heavily. Next time I do it I will. I also do it with small potatoes left whole or bigger ones cut in half. The cut ones I put cut side down and that part gets so crispy and the whole ones I use a mug and smash them just until the potato opens and lays flat. I flip when one side is crispy and brown the other side. DGS loves them for breakfast or anytime really but that is his favorite time.
          Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
          He drew a circle that shut me out.
          But love and I had the wit to win,
          We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Working...
          X