Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 17th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

A partly sunny sky, wind gusts, a chance of rain along with the high of 60 and the low of 46 will make for a interesting day of weather changes.

Baked chicken, mac and cheese and peas will be dinner tonight.

What will be your Sunday dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Apparently our lockdown will end next Thursday! The number of positive cases of COVID is expected to skyrocket but as long as we are double vaccinated, we should be ok. We won't go anywhere unnecessarily so we should stay safe. Masks are still required inside and out and we can't go into regional areas. I *may* be allowed to go to visit my parents and take some of my roses if they last another week. Sadly I won't be able to visit my sister as her son's business is in 14 days of isolation after his employee tested positive. I'm confident they will be ok.

Our groceries arrived tonight so we just made our dinner out of the fresh food. John had a pork steak (from the freezer) with lettuce, tomato, onion and egg on a fresh breadroll. He said it was the best he had tasted in a long time so I'm going to assume that his sinusitis is clearing up.

I made myself a foot long sub from the french stick I ordered... it had lettuce, onion, cucumber, peashoots and arancini balls. It all fell apart on the first bite but the deconstructed version tasted good.

https://i.imgur.com/P88toTT.jpg
    Last edited by Chayote; 10-17-2021, 07:00 PM. Reason: a funny auto-correct from my phone: John ate a bread roll, not a bedroll *LOL*
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

It’s another cool and cloudy day with light sprinkles. Our lawns are loving this! I went through our linen cupboard today and got rid of a bunch of old beat up towels, multiple non-rubber backed bathroom rugs and other random cloth items that we haven’t used and donated them to the textile drive that Stanwood High School has to raise funds for Grad Night. It’s good to have them out of the way. I’m sure we’ll find more as time goes on.

We’re having rotisserie chicken legs and thighs along with cheesy scalloped potatoes and some Lima beans.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
        We’re having rotisserie chicken legs and thighs along with cheesy scalloped potatoes and some Lima beans.
        Your dinner reminded me of this gem that I saw on Pinterest... *LOL*

https://i.imgur.com/LB4pe8w.jpg?1
        I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
        would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

That is funny Chayote!

Comment

LOL that's a good one Chayote

Comment

Working...
            X