Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 18th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a partly sunny sky with the high of 62 and the low of 47.

Dinner will be muz's 15 bean soup that DGS thinks will be really good. He wants ham in it and I want cabbage, carrots, onion, celery, garlic and diced parsnips so it will be a hearty soup. For 2 weeks now I have been thinking I should make it so we decided today was the day. Garlic bread on the side.

What will be your dinner?

Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We were up early today because our home help came over to change the needs and clean the bathrooms. All I've done today was work on Hannah's jacket. Tomorrow will be my sewing day to make her pinnies.

Our dinners tonight: John had a pork sandwich like he had last night. I had a bowl of chicken and corn soup and a small salad.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I have actually had a very busy day today but don't feel like much has been accomplished. Dinner tonight is questionable at best. I may even treat myself and go out for dinner.

Comment

Busy day here too. Got out pkg burger. Was gonna make veg soup (yea I use burger like my mom did) but time went by to fast so made goulash.

Comment

It’s been a beautiful day today, bright, sunny and comfortable temperatures. We got our big wooden porch bears dressed for Halloween today, white sheets with ghost faces painted on them. They look pretty cool! Other than that, not much going on.

I took some Szekely Gulyas (Hungarian pork goulash) out of the freezer and we’re having mashed potatoes and fruit with it.

Comment

Charlene - I was thinking your bears are on your back porch where no one sees them but you. But, now perhaps they are on the front porch where everyone can see them???

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
              Charlene - I was thinking your bears are on your back porch where no one sees them but you. But, now perhaps they are on the front porch where everyone can see them???
              Vera, they’ve been on our front porch since we got them. Our neighbors get a kick out of them and they’ve got heavy duty chains and locks attached too. We don’t worry about anyone trying to steal them, they’re big and heavy. When it gets to be Christmas time they will be wearing the crocheted scarves I made for them and some kind of hats that we haven’t found yet.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                they’ve been on our front porch since we got them. Our neighbors get a kick out of them
                Charlene... you should make costumes for them for other holidays. Easter could be bunny ears and hang a basket of eggs on their paws.
                I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
                would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Working...
                X