Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 19th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It will be a lovely day with a cloudless sky and the high of 69 and the low of 47.

We are having the last of the porkchops, potatoes and carrots.

What will be your dinner tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

The blitz and leftovers bite the dust today it is knit group today. I always bring home junk food. I'm really wanting a whopper lol I will get Joe lobster rolls from captain D's

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
      The blitz and leftovers bite the dust today it is knit group today. I always bring home junk food. I'm really wanting a whopper lol I will get Joe lobster rolls from captain D's
      rosie, what is "knit group"? We've had takeaway twice since we started the blitz. There's always tomorrow to start again... Lobster rolls sound awesome!! Joe and I have similar taste in food.

I had a very ordinary day. I finished Hannah's newest jacket and have one more to do... I'm not looking forward to working on it at night because it's a dark colour. To me it's dark purple but the label says it's "aubergine". In other words, dark purple...

I went outside for about 5 minutes to water the vegetables and that was it. Bit of a lazy day.

Dinner was part of the blitz... John had a homemade burger with beef, bacon, onion, lettuce, tomato and an egg and I airfried some shoestring chips. I found a container of bolognaise sauce so I had spaghetti with melted mozzarella cheese.

I found some frozen rissoles so they will be slow cooked with vegetables tomorrow for dinner. I don't eat rissoles so I'll just have the gravy and veg. on mash.
      I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
      would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

It's a group of ladies that gather once every 2 weeks at the library for 2 hrs. We knit, crochet, talk, laugh. It's fun and a welcome break from life. Used to go to another but it broke up when covid started.

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
          It's a group of ladies that gather once every 2 weeks at the library for 2 hrs. We knit, crochet, talk, laugh. It's fun and a welcome break from life. Used to go to another but it broke up when covid started.

That's exactly what I need. I read online that there's a craft group in Adelaide near where our new house will be. I'd like to meet some people without them being "best friends", if you know what I mean. I'm happy to join a group and just see the people once a fortnight. Most of my time is spent looking after John and seeing our grandchildren. For all I know the group that I read about may no longer exist. I'll have to see when we get there.

Comment

Go for it Jan. Never know if ya don't try. I walked in there 2 yrs ago all alone not knowing a soul. They were so nice and I was accepted right away. I look forward to it every fortnight. HA never use that word before

Comment

Never used what word? ...fortnight?

Comment

yes. I know what it.means just never said it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
                  Never used what word? ...fortnight?
                  Chayote , fortnight ( term for 2 week period ) is a term that is not very often used in our country. It's a british term. I have not heard anybody use it, ever, besides you.

Comment

It’s been a very nice day today, just doing some of the usual house drudge stuff and doing some reading. I’ve got about 90 pages of the book I’m reading left to go, might finish it tonight or tomorrow.

We’re going with a no brain, easy kind of dinner that sounded good to both of us for some reason. Hot dogs on buns and Bush’s baked beans and fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

Chayote , fortnight ( term for 2 week period ) is a term that is not very often used in our country. It's a british term. I have not heard anybody use it, ever, besides you.
                      I didn't know that Americans didn't use the word 'fortnight'. What about in Canada? Do they use it?

I'm not surprised that it's a British word because most of us came from Britain, either as free settlers (my family) or convicts (John's family)... Most people who come from convict stock are fiercely proud of the fact. It answered a lot of questions about the behaviour of many Goodman descendants that followed...

Comment

Working...
                      X