Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 21st Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a partly sunny morning with a chance of rain with the high of 67 and the low of 46.

I am moving slow today as I cut my fingers yesterday on my left hand with a knife and then tried removing a pot of food off the burner and spilled part of it on the same hand. I could say "Ouch" but that would not cover the pain level. I now have a stiches and my hand is bandaged and in a sling so the throbbing is not so bad. Talk about being angry with myself.

DGS has said the last of the 15 bean soup will be fine for dinner and he will make a pan of cornbread.

What will be your dinner tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Most of my day was spent cleaning the kitchen and knitting Hannah's purple jacket. I'm regretting the colour because it's very dark and I'm having difficulty seeing the rows. It's about halfway through so it will be finished by next week.

WE ARE OUT OF LOCKDOWN!!! Life won't change that much but it's a nice feeling as long as we stay healthy. We are going out tomorrow to buy buttons for Hannah's jacket and Immy's cardi. We aren't ready to go to any cafes or restaurants. At best I'll try to buy a Macca's chocolate shake on the way home. There hasn't been any available during the 220+ days of our lockdown and quite literally, I'd kill for a large shake.

We are having visitors on Sunday for lunch. Charlie and Alice, Tiff and Tim and Immy are coming for lunch. We are all double vaccinated so we won't need masks and we might actually be allowed to hug. If not, I'll hug Immy anyway...

Dinner tonight was the same as last night... rissoles and vegetables in gravy. I only kept enough to feed us tonight and the remainder was given to Tiff for their dinner tomorrow night.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Finally out of lockdown, I know you must be so happy. enjoy your kids visit on Sunday, and hug everybody, if you are all vaccinated.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
        Finally out of lockdown, I know you must be so happy. enjoy your kids visit on Sunday, and hug everybody, if you are all vaccinated.
        We are all looking forward to it, Sabine. Immy had school via her computer today and that was her news to tell her class. She misses Uncle Charlie and Auntie Alice. She talks to them on her computer but it's not the same as playing in the garden with them... Yes, everyone except Immy is fully vaxed. If Australia approves the Pfizer vaccine for over 5s, she will get it.

Comment

I agree , it is nice to have face time or zoom meetings on the computer , but it is just not the same as real life meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
            I agree , it is nice to have face time or zoom meetings on the computer , but it is just not the same as real life meeting.
            I wish my sister and brother-in-law were not in isolation... She would have loved to join us. She still has over a week to go before they can leave home.

Comment

She probably will come to visit you as soon as she is allowed. Then you can have another family gathering

Comment

LTB your injuries sound just plain awful. I'm so sorry for you pray you will heal quickly!

Made a pot of veggie soup FINALLY. Think grilled cheese & soup

Comment

Thank you rosie. It does hurt and is throbbing but I redressed it with DGS' help and it looks ok. No signs of what the doctor told me I should look for that means I need further help.

I guess my hands will get a good rest from crocheting as I will be reading books instead.

Have a nice night and good day tomorrow.

Comment

Ouch! Those types of injuries are so painful! Hope they feel better soon.

It has been a weird weather day...lots of wind, dark ominous clouds and temperatures around 70. Huh??? We did the Mount Vernon run today, went to Safeway for a few items, filled up with gas at the Safeway gas station at $1 off per gallon and then did a big Walmart run. On our way up we saw a few huge flocks of birds in the Skagit Valley making their way south and one big flock in one of the crop fields. We’re getting really pretty fall colors now, but the winds are really stripping the trees quickly.

We’re going to have some chicken legs, salad, and not sure what else yet. I need to use up some small amounts of leftovers in the fridge; scalloped potatoes, baked beans, Lima beans, make a buffet of it!

Comment

Thanks Charlene. The throbbing is what is hurting the worst. It kept me up most of the night last night. Hoping tonight will be better.

Comment

I know what you mean with the throbbing, that’s always the worst part of it. In the past I would wrap an ice pack in a cloth and rest the injured body part on it and that seemed to help.

Comment

Working...
                        X