my second rose bush bloomed today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my second rose bush bloomed today...

This one is a light purple, mauve but the American version of mauve isn't like ours. You might call it lilac? Whatever you call it, it's a pretty colour. Thornless rose so it's my favourite, unlike the yellow one that is determined to tear me to shreds. One more to go. If Gordon's rose is in bloom I want to photograph and frame the picture for him.

https://i.imgur.com/3gkogrT.jpg
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Beautiful color, I would call it a light purple also, mauve to me is more reddish ??

Comment

WOW your hitting all my favs. Our wedding colors were yellow and lavender. The lavender came into play because once while dating Joe fell asleep and stood me up. I was very pissed, he bought me lavender roses. I had never seen lavender roses and fell in love with them so had to have them along with my fav yellow roses
      I have never had any luck growing roses. Yours are perfection

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
        WOW your hitting all my favs. Our wedding colors were yellow and lavender. The lavender came into play because once while dating Joe fell asleep and stood me up. I was very pissed, he bought me lavender roses. I had never seen lavender roses and fell in love with them so had to have them along with my fav yellow roses
        I have never had any luck growing roses. Yours are perfection
        The secret to growing roses is to cut them back hard each year and they need to be protected from the wind and preferably be planted where they get morning sun and protection from hot afternoon sun. After that, all they need is water and a good rose food. I said for years that I couldn't grow roses until someone gave me two bare rooted roses for my birthday seven years ago. Now I can't imagine my garden without them. When we move I'm planning a larger rose garden. I'd also like to grow orchids and will ask my sister for her advice. She has a huge orchid area in her garden.

Joe made a good choice giving you lavender roses... they mean "Love at first sight". Yellow roses are for friendship.
        I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
        would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Working...
        X