Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 22nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is overcast with more rain in the forecast with a high of 54 and the low of 42.

DGS told me this morning that he will make dinner but did not say what. Whatever he makes I know will be good.

He is being so nice helping me redress my hand and asking me several times a day how I am doing and could he get or do anything for me. Bless his heart.

What will you be having for dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We came home early from vacation. Got home at 4 am this morning. Discovered I am just not a fan of the New England states. It was a disappointment and although we looked at a cute cabin, I am not in love with the area. We did go on a whale boat and saw a few but it was kind of stupid really. In the brochures they have pictures of whales jumping out of the water which we found out they rarely do. Basically we just saw tails flapping in the water which was neat to see but not the thrilling experience I hoped for.

LTB I looked back to see what happened and I hope you get well fast. Sounds like its going to be meals on wheels time for you soon tee hee hee.

I managed to run out and do some grocery shopping this morning and Aldis just was unloading turkeys so I grabbed one for Thanksgiving. I also grabbed some chicken breast so probably a quick stir fry for dinner.. Lots of napping is on the agenda for today.

Comment

I am sorry your vacation not what you hoped it would be muz. I don't like it when I am excited for something and then it kinda falls short.

Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Busy day getting ready for our first visitors in longer than I care to think about. John has been amusing himself in the garage sorting out stuff to throw away from what he wants to take with him. Mercifully, he doesn't intend taking very much. He won't need a lot of tools because we will be living in a brand new house. If he just takes the basics... set of screwdrivers, allen keys, a hammer or two, mallet and his electric tools, I'm sure we will get by. I'm impressed with his intent to dispose of so much... even more impressed if he actually follows through. We've vowed to fill both garbage bins that are collected every week.

Dinner tonight: John had bacon, eggs, onion and chips with some dinner rolls straight from the oven. I had a bacon salad with some of the dinner rolls. Dessert was icecream. Supper will be some crackers and Brie cheese with a hot chocolate shake.
        I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
        would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Muz my husband and I used to travel to New England as we had some family there, I have tried without success to contact a cousin of my husband. I am disappointed that I have been unable to reach her. My sister-in-law the wicked witch won't even respond to me on the phone. It isn't a loss. She hung up on my daughter when she called her to let her know that her brother/my husband passed away.

Time to pay the bills and get moving on the day.

Comment

New England was far more face paced than I imagined. Even late at night on a weekday the traffic was crazy. No one really seemed friendly, and my hubs is a talker and is great at striking up a conversation with anyone. All the brochures and pictures show these quaint little houses and tourist attractions. When you get there you realize they zoomed in on the photos because the cute little houses are surrounded by big gray buildings. Such is life.

Comment

Sorry you were disappointed. I have always wanted to go to Maine. Like you said all the little fishing villages. I knew I would never make it there and now with your description I'm feeling some relief but still sorry it wasn't all you thought it would be.

Comment

It’s been really gray and drizzly all day, really heavy rain expected most of the weekend along with some heavy wind. We’ve just been taking it easy today, there’s stuff that needs doing but it can wait for a bit. I finally finished the book The Pillars of the Earth yesterday and started the 1025 page sequel to it last night. This will probably hold me until Christmas!

We’re going to finish the creamy shrimp and tomato pasta tonight and we’ll have salad with it.

Comment

Working...
                X