Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 23rd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a dark and dreary looking morning. It is cold out now and will warm up with a high of 56 and the low of 40. Rain is predicted for the next few day so I guess I will pick my green tomatoes and lone green pepper as I don't think I will chance it with a light frost that could happen with the temps getting so low now at night. I will leave my carrots in the ground as I have them covered in mulch and the tops are still getting taller and filling out more.

DGS put chicken in the crockpot last night with onions and garlic for BBQ chicken sandwiches along with onion rings for dinner tonight. I told him if he chops veggies up I will use part of the chicken for chicken noodle soup with the broth in the crockpot. As he loves homemade soup as much as I do his eyes lit up and told me we had a deal. Comfort food at it's best.

What will be your Saturday evening meal?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Red sky at morning sailors take warning. Red sky at night sailors delight. The sky was brilliant red this morning. It's sunny & cold now "they" say the storms are coming.

I think I can get away with 3rd Eve of veggie soup. Then I'll freeze the remainder. I can't make a little soup. It's a ton or none

Comment

Neither can I rosie. I make a lot on purpose so I can freeze some. It is so nice having meals in the freezer that I can heat and eat or morph into another meal without the prep work or the mess. My BBQ chicken sandwiches and your soup would make a great meal!

Comment

Well its cold and rainy, I love this weather really so no complaints from me. Been a busy bee this morning and cleaned all the carpets. I should have put away the laundry first but its not going anywhere. Not sure what is for dinner, either taco soup or a salad with grilled chicken.

Comment

My girls all went to the beach for the weekend and I stayed home for a funeral and church. They have already sent out a distress call for toilet paper. I have been chuckling all morning. I would drive down but they have help on the way. I will likely prepare grilled salmon this evening and Caesar salad.

Comment

Grilled salmon sounds really good Momma Bear.

Comment

I vote we all go to mommas yum

Comment

I second that! Take what we are having and make it a potluck meal.

Comment

I have a chicken breast to grill but don’t have the desire to cook. I think I will cook som bacon and make an omelet.

Comment

Windy, sometimes rainy and kind of cool today, heavy rain expected tonight. I just drove up the street and OMG, the leaves! Bales and bales of them! It’s been a quiet day today, not a lot happening at all.

We’re having Subway sandwiches for dinner tonight, it sounded good, kind of different and easy.

Comment

Working...
                    X