Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 24th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is sunny this morning with heavy rain moving in this afternoon with a high of 59 and the low of 53.

We just got everything in the crockpot for chicken noodle soup that will be tonight's dinner. A fruit salad will finish the meal.

What is your Sunday dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I have a small ham to use up. Going to flip through some cookbooks to try and find something new to go with it.

Comment

We have the rain now that's headed your way LTB. Love rainy days
      I'm gonna make fried green tomatos for rhe first time. Breaded pork tenderloin sandwiches. mac salad
      if anyone has any tips on fried green tomatos I'm all ears

Comment

My only suggestion is that you do not slice overly thick or thin. I do mine between a 1/4 inch thick and no thicker then a 1/2 inch thick. You want them cooked through but still holding their shape. I love them. I am sure you have done some research on them and found several good ways to season and fry them. Good luck and enjoy!

Comment

TY LTB I have been reading but ya know it's always better to hear from real people that have TNT

Comment

You are welcome rosie. I totally agree with you on that. I have learned some of the best tips, suggestions by asking or just plain watching. Let me know how they turn out for you please.

Comment

It’s raining sideways buckets this afternoon, part of the “bomb cyclone” weather we’re having. It really isn’t too bad, just hard rain and pretty stiff winds. Fortunately we didn’t need to go out for anything today but we do need to get the trash barrels out to the curb in a bit.

I’m making Monterey Chicken spaghetti tonight along with salad.

Comment

The fried green tomatos are ok. We agree we like fried zucchini better.

Comment

Thanks for the report rosie. Myself, I like fried summer squash better. Different people, different tastes makes the world go round!

Comment

Working...
                  X