Getting Closer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Closer

It is coming. Wait for it. In 2 months it will be Christmas. Time is moving forward so fast it will be here before we can blink twice. The decorations are appearing in the stores already and we have not even hit Halloween yet let alone Thanksgiving.

I have bought my presents already starting in August and finished about a week ago. I wasn't taking any chances on the shipping being delayed.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Grinch here. UGH

Comment

I finished shopping mid September. I might get something for hubs but we usually don't get each other things. We both pretty much buy what we want.

Comment

We’re about as ready as we can be. We bought some extra lights and a big blow up Santa for the porch, but I still have to find some hats for the porch bears. We haven’t done gift buying for years, so no worries on shipping delays.

Comment

I've finished all my Christmas shopping. Just have some dolls' clothes to knit and I'll be finished. I'm running out of places to put things because two bedrooms are out of action due to our packing. I think I'll just wrap everything and leave all the gifts in the lounge room. Unsure if I'll decorate the tree this year... depends on whether we are staying home or not.
          I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
          would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
            Grinch here. UGH
            You don't enjoy Christmas, rosie?

Comment

Originally posted by rosie
              I use to Chayote. When the kids were younger. We celebrate on Christmas Eve. Now several have to work or go to their SO. My oldest gd has turned to the evil side and we don't want to be around her and she doesn't want to be around us this year just seems stressful. Don't do presents cause they just want money which is fine with me. Really can't get out and shop anyway. + all the cooking ugh just don't have the stamina anymore. Ok that's enuf of that. WHINE WHINE. LOL
              I don't blame you... I wouldn't look forward to all that either. I'm enjoying Christmas a lot more since our grandchildren have arrived, but we've been through a few Christmas dramas in past years. We just feel very displaced this year. We're ready to move and it seems to be taking forever.

I miss the Christmas days we had with my Mum. We all put our differences aside and we just enjoyed the day. My children played cricket with their cousins in Mum's backyard while we helped Mum get lunch ready, always chicken, ham and vegetables followed by plum pudding or pavlova. After lunch the men and children would go back to the cricket game while my sisters and I washed the dishes. I'd give anything to have another Christmas like that...

Comment

Working...
              X