Swiss Colony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swiss Colony

Has anyone ever ordered from Swiss Colony? Is it any good or is it yuck? I do have one last Christmas gift to get for my snobby daughter. We do not see each other often and I am ok with that because its hard to be around someone who is just so stinking prissy. I was either going to do a Swiss Colony box or a Penzy gift crate.

We have received and have given Swiss Colony gift baskets in the past , but that has been several years ago. It was good , but pricey to say the least, and is probably even more expensive now.
    But they used to have gift basket with different products and different price ranges.

Comment

I have ordered Swiss Colony in the past, and it was good, but it’s probably been 20 years since I ordered from them. Penzeys is always good, or you might try Hickory Farms, they’re excellent.

Comment

I just remembered, Harry & David is excellent too, way better than Swiss Colony, at least to me. We’ve been to the main Harry & David store in Medford OR a few times and to their mall shops.

Comment

A friend sent me a surprise gift package two weeks ago from a company I wasn't familiar with but it was terrific. It was called OH Danish Bakery in Wisconsin. She had sent me two (different flavors) of Danish Kringle. They freeze well but it didn't come frozen. Totally pleased. I have not ordered from the above mentioned companies before but have received their catalogs - Swiss Colony, Harry and David and Hickory Farms.

Comment

We received a fruit basket from Harry and David years ago and the fruit was not fresh at all and didnt last at all
            also very expensive

Comment

It's been twenty or thirty years since I've ordered from Swiss Colony. I never had an issue with their quality, but it's the typical "the picture in the catalog made it look so much bigger"! I recently received a Vermont Country Store catalog last week. Same thing: their ribbon candy and chocolate offerings looked really good...and then I found out how few ounces you were paying for.

Comment

Home Buddy - These companies have food photographers and they do make things look better than they actually look when you receive it. The same is with realtor photographers trying to make rooms look bigger than they are. Just recently, I saw a kitchen in a house where the refrigerator looked to be about 5 feet tall and six foot wide. It really looked funny - never saw a fridge that shape before - I think they use a special lens to make things look wider. I know there are 48 inch wide built-in refrigerators but the compressor(s) are on top so they are taller than a regular refrigerator. I know because I have one.

Comment

The only thing we photo shot in our realtor photos is the picture of the outside of the home, and we just make the sky more blue with clouds, other wise people will get there and be scratching their heads. I think I am going with the Swiss Colony box, only because I know its something she normally wouldn't buy. I will do the Penzy box next year.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                    I have ordered Swiss Colony in the past, and it was good, but it’s probably been 20 years since I ordered from them. Penzeys is always good, or you might try Hickory Farms, they’re excellent.
                    I agree! I’d do Hickory Farms first.

Comment

Working...
                    X