Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 28th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is partly sunny with the high of 65 and the low of 53.

I just didn't think my hand should be hurting the way it was. It looked fine, no swelling, no redness, just the pain. Checked in with the nurse yesterday and she said I should come in. Doctor said it was looking good but wanted a quick blood test done in house and yup, white count was up. She put me on antibiotics and said it was not that bad but was really glad I had listened and responded about the pain. It feels better this morning after just one day on them so I am hoping that it will knock it out of my system.

I am still wondering what dinner will be, thinking maybe hamburgers and oven baked sweet potato fries.

What will your dinner be?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Back to the blitz in my defence (ha) I found a bag of mixed veggies in the freezer so thats why I made the soup then had just a few garden tomatos left so had to have burgers to use them. NOW as I said back to the blitz. Found a pkg smoked sausage so gonna do a sheet pan supper. Potatos, onion & the sausage. I think some scrambled eggs & toast along side

Comment

LTB I how that band halls up quickly. I can't seem to get motivated to move today.

I am making an eye of round roast, zucchini fries and fire roasted corn and poblanos.

Comment

Thanks muz.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
          Back to the blitz in my defence (ha) I found a bag of mixed veggies in the freezer so thats why I made the soup then had just a few garden tomatos left so had to have burgers to use them. NOW as I said back to the blitz. Found a pkg smoked sausage so gonna do a sheet pan supper. Potatos, onion & the sausage. I think some scrambled eggs & toast along side
          Glad you're back on the blitz, rosie... We are too but I've had to concede on John's roast pork addiction. He just can't do without it so I'll order one roast a week and I'm slicing it with the electric slicer to cut it thinner and therefore making it go further.

Dinner tonight was from the fridge rather than the freezer... John had sliced roast pork warmed up in gravy, two microwaved potatoes and some peas. I just had some Brie cheese with Savoy biscuits.

It's so stormy today. We get Adelaide's weather one day later. The storms in Adelaide blacked out about 30,000 houses but not in the suburb where my daughter lives, nor the suburb where we will be living. The storms have hit us today and I haven't been outside to survey the damage. No doubt the roses have taken a beating and I'm sure we've lost a lot of the apricots and plums. Can't be helped... just one of the 'joys' of being a gardener...
          I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
          would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Cold with light rain so far today, I think it will get heavier tonight. I’ve been doing the usual house stuff which mostly consists of scooping up Abby’s dog hair. How that girl has hair left on her body is beyond me! I took a little break and watched last night’s episode of Survivor. This is the wildest and most interesting season it’s had in years!

I’m trying out a recipe I found in my Betty Crocker’s Bisquick Cookbook for Tuscan Chicken Torta and we’ll have salad with it. I’ll post the recipe later if it comes out good.

Comment

Working...
            X