Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 29th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is raining and windy that will last throughout the day with an inch of rain predicted by tonight. The high of 57 and the low of 47.

I am going in the direction of sausage gravy and biscuits, scrambled eggs and DGS will cut up a pineapple.

What will be your dinner this Friday night?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We didn't have too much damage in the storms last night. There are a lot of trees down, not only through our town but all the way to Gordon's nursing home. A lot of cleaning up and we heard on the news that several rooves blew off houses, garden sheds blew to pieces and trampolines went airborne. My roses survived and a few apricots and plums were blown off our trees but nothing too bad. We have some work ahead of us to clean up all the leaf litter.

John and I were able to visit Gordon today. The joy of being released from lockdown. The home insisted that we wear masks (was going to anyway), a face shield that they provided, they photographed our vaccination certificates, we logged in using the QR scan, we also logged in on their own private scan and only then were we admitted to visit for 45 minutes. I know they are just being over-cautious, but even the residents are complaining. Staff and residents are all double vaccinated and have tests every week. One thing I saw left me wondering if I should laugh or be shocked. The home was decorated for Halloween including fake tombstones in the foyer and shared lounge. Nothing like preparing the residents in advance for their ultimate demise...

We got caught in a lot of traffic coming home. Didn't dawn on us until we got home was that it's a long weekend for a lot of people. Tomorrow and Sunday are just normal weekend days and Tuesday is a public holiday for the Melbourne Cup. Yes, we do have a public holiday (first Tuesday in November) to commemorate a horse race. Many employees ask for Monday off their annual leave so they can go away for four days and that's why the traffic was heavy... scores of people escaping Melbourne for four days. Good luck to them. We all want to escape.

I had cooked our dinner yesterday. I cooked curried sausages and vegetables in the slow cooker and allowed it to sit in the fridge for 24 hours. It makes all the difference. John had mashed potato with his; I had rice. It was very nourishing and tasty.

https://i.imgur.com/7FHKfOV.jpg
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

We were to go to my son's house for dinner tonight to celebrate a grandson's 7th birthday. However, a nor'easter has decided to visit our area. The weather is terrible, the Potomac River is overlapping our seawall leaving all sorts of debris in our yard. I cancelled our trip north due to the weather plus when there is a lot of rain, which there is, one of our roads flood causing the police to shut it down. Not taking a chance of being out. We will celebrate grandson's birthday next weekend since they are coming here anyway. So, dinner tonight will be any leftovers in the fridge which is fine. We don't have any sort of food delivery where we live due to distance. If we want carry out, we have to pick it up so that's not happening.

Comment

Found another pkg of homemade meatballs. So spaghetti, garlic bread, salad. Have 4 garden tomatos left boohoo I will miss em

Comment

It’s been a pretty nice day today, much drier than yesterday. A lot of the lowland areas have flooding and all the rivers are high but we’re near the top of a hill so no problems here. I got all our Halloween candy bagged up, things I’ve seen on Next Door say there will be hundreds of kids out trick or treating. I might go pick up some extra tomorrow.

I was going to make my usual Meatball Orzo Soup tonight but didn’t have ANY Costco Italian Meatballs in the freezer so I decided to improvise. I used Aidell’s Chicken Teriyaki Meatballs, cut back on the lemon and I’m using a small amount of sesame oil in it. I gave it a good taste test and it’s good! We’ll have some fruit with it.

Comment

Working...
          X