Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 30th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is cold, it is raining and the sun is peeking out. The high of 56 and the low of 46.

A sheet pan meal of turkey, sweet potatoes, parsnips, onions and apples will be dinner.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I had a day to myself today... first in over 200 days! What's more, I enjoyed it... Poker started again for John... only to double vaccinated players to have a mask, vaccination certificate, hand sanitiser and proof of identity. He said that several people were turned away at the door because they didn't have the required documentation. A lot of effort for a game of poker but John enjoyed the day.

Quiet day for me... did a little housework but not nearly enough. Tomorrow John will be here to help me. Mostly I just worked on my sister's blanket.

Sad news late tonight was a TV celebrity that I watched from when we first got a TV when I was about 4. His name was Bert Newton and he was a TV treasure. He worked on TV from age 17 to his death at 83.

Dinner was whatever we could find in the fridge. We had some chicken, party pies and sausage rolls. For my supper I had a fruit smoothie and a bread roll with rare beef, plum spread and pea shoots.

I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Hubs is catching a cold so I have a pot of beef barley soup going in the crock pot. I had a bunch of prime rib bones in the freezer so they went in the pot as well. Other than that its a lazy day for me.

Comment

I hope Hubs feels better soon and that you don't get it.

Comment

Subway YAY

Comment

Today has been beautiful and cold, temperature this morning was in the low 30’s. We will be putting the Sherpa fleece sheets on the bed tonight for sure. Ken’s been working in the garage, I’ve been going stuff in the kitchen and doing some dusting, among other things. Later tonight we plan to drive out to a super dark spot and see if we can catch the Aurora Borealis, it’s supposed to be a peak view of it tonight.

We’re going to have egg salad sandwiches and chicken noodle soup for dinner, for some reason we both thought it sounded great.

Comment

I’m in the hospital and will be happy to get home to cook a meal. The hospital food is not quite edible. I used to be a good cook but I seem to have lost the knack but even my meals that I make for just myself turn out fine. I hope I get released soon. My silly dog has been bonding with my son-in-law.

Comment

I hope you’re feeling better!

Comment

I hope you get better soon and can go home.

Comment

Working...
                  X