X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 31st Dinner Post

BOO!!!!

Good Morning!

Watch out for ghosts and goblins that will be around today and this evening.

It is raining, has been since late yesterday afternoon. It will be partly sunny by this evening hopefully with the high of 56 and the low of 43.

DGS said he will make chili and cornbread muffins for dinner tonight and that is sounding good.

What will be your dinner for this Halloween night?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

My sister and brother-in-law came to visit today. It was so nice to be able to hug each of them... we've missed seeing them. Their visit really made our day.

Dinner was the reheating of potato and sausage curry, finishing off that food. John followed with an ice cream. I'll have something on a piece of french stick for my supper with a hot chocolate shake.

I watched an interview tonight between Shaq O'Neal and someone, can't remember who. I liked what Shaq O'Neal said to his children when they asked him to buy something... I think it was a game console and they said, "but you can buy it for us because we are rich!" He just smiled at them and said, "we are not rich. *I* am rich, "we" are not" and suggested they come up with a plan in order to earn what they wanted. I was impressed. The world is too full of entitled rich kids who have never worked a day in their lives.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Chayote-Love the message Shaq gave to his kids
      Watching football and gonna eat all the candy that
      didn't get passed out to the kiddies
      OK maybe Chili for real

Comment

Found 1 T-bone and 1 HUGE chicken breast. My blitz of the fridge freezer is over. No more meat in there YAY don't even want to think bout the upright freezer and the huge chest freezer in the basement. Ugh it's just redicules. I hope to make enuf room in the chest freezer so we can turn off the upright. Joe says he loves the blitz so guess I'll keep going.

Anyway. Joe got the T-bone baked tater salad. Split breast in 2 breaded. I had that & salad.

Comment

It’s been a gorgeous day today, cold, but bright and sunny. It was 31 and frosty when we got up this morning, brrrr! The fleece sheets felt great last night. We’re getting ready for trick or treaters, I’ve heard there will probably be hundreds of them tonight, YIKES! The guys across the street have all kinds of stuff going on for it.

We’re having more of the Tuscan Chicken torta and a salad tonight, probably early.

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
            Found 1 T-bone and 1 HUGE chicken breast. My blitz of the fridge freezer is over. No more meat in there YAY don't even want to think bout the upright freezer and the huge chest freezer in the basement. Ugh it's just redicules. I hope to make enuf room in the chest freezer so we can turn off the upright. Joe says he loves the blitz so guess I'll keep going.
            You need to keep going, rosie... I finished the freezer at the top of the fridge a while ago and now there's only icecream and a packet of frozen peas in there. I've emptied two drawers in our upright freezer. There's only meat in the top drawer so that will be gone within about three weeks. I made a curry last week and that took care of any frozen vegetables that needed to be used. I have quite a few bags of mango pulp and apricot pulp which am thinking of making it into sorbet.

Comment

yes I'm gonna keep going. I'm getting a routine now. Grab somethimg, don't rethink it. Now, what am I gonna do with it.
              I developed a very bad habit of buying a ton of what's on sale. I always had good intentions but rarely carried thru. Now there's so much in there that's to old and yucky. Joe reminds me that I didn't save anything SIGH. So I must get thru this and stop hoarding meat.
              I'm thankful for your inspiration. Getting me going on this. It's a new experience!!! I'm feeling better using this stuff instead of pitching it. The animals are lovin it too

Comment

yes I'm gonna keep going. I'm getting a routine now. Grab somethimg, don't rethink it. Now, what am I gonna do with it.
                I developed a very bad habit of buying a ton of what's on sale. I always had good intentions but rarely carried thru. Now there's so much in there that's to old and yucky. Joe reminds me that I didn't save anything SIGH. So I must get thru this and stop hoarding meat.
                I'm thankful for your inspiration. Getting me going on this. It's a new experience!!! I'm feeling better using this stuff instead of pitching it. The animals are lovin it too
                You doing the freezer blitz has been encouraging for me, too. Some nights I'm tempted to just go out and buy something for dinner but then I remember the food in the freezer. All of the meat in our big freezer is in good condition. I've always used freezer bags and then put into a freezer ziploc bag as well. Nothing has freezer burn. The things that didn't keep well are frozen items that are in cardboard boxes. Most of that has gone in the bin. Once our big freezer is empty it will be going to Tiff's house. By then I'll be planning meals very carefully and only buying what I need for the week. We will have a Miele freezer in the new house so I'll need to be careful not to start hoarding frozen foods again.

Comment

I had to look up the kind of freezer your going to have. WOW nice is it going to be narrow? I saw one that was wider but the others were narrow. Those look like top of the line

Comment

I had to look up the kind of freezer your going to have. WOW nice is it going to be narrow? I saw one that was wider but the others were narrow. Those look like top of the line
                    I'm not sure, rosie. My daughter is giving us the upright freezer that she is using now. She bought it about three years ago and she wants a different one. Miele products are expensive. I was going to buy the Miele dishwasher, washing machine and dryer but decided not to. I just couldn't justify the price of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X