Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 1st Dinner Post

Good Morning!

A new month already. A friend and I were talking about how the older we get the faster times goes by.

It is overcast with partly cloudy skies predicted and the high of 51 and the low of 36.

I just put a roast in the crockpot along with potatoes, carrots and onions for dinner. DGS said he will make apple muffins also.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Making chicken fajitas today. I made a produce run this morning and they had some giant cauliflowers so I might toss some of that in the fajitas.

Comment

Happy Monday and Happy November!

It’s hard to believe it’s November already! We had quite a Halloween last night, we had about 200 kids by almost 8 pm when we ran out of candy and there was still lots of families out there. Must buy more candy next year! Our street is pretty well protected, traffic is light, street is well lit and kids can make a big loop around both sides. We really enjoyed sitting on the porch with our heater on and passing out candy. Today has been cold and quiet, did do a quick grocery run earlier.

Ken is going to make tacos for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
        Happy Monday and Happy November!

It’s hard to believe it’s November already! We had quite a Halloween last night, we had about 200 kids by almost 8 pm when we ran out of candy and there was still lots of families out there. Must buy more candy next year! Our street is pretty well protected, traffic is light, street is well lit and kids can make a big loop around both sides. We really enjoyed sitting on the porch with our heater on and passing out candy. Today has been cold and quiet, did do a quick grocery run earlier.

Ken is going to make tacos for dinner.
        200 kids , wow, that is just crazy. All kids from your neighborhood ? If so you must have a very big neighborhood, and people have a lot of kids.
        Hopefully it was not a situation we had here in our neighborhood some years ago, people drove up in big vans and dropped their kids off , they didn't live here, but they felt it was ok for their kids to get candy from us.
        I also remember one year when some teenage boys came around, no costumes at all, just carrying some pillow cases to collect the candy. I just looked at them, and told them that when they are old enough to grow a mustache / beard they are too old to go trick / treat and I closed the door. There is a limit to this stuff. But we live in a neighborhood that doesn't have small children, mostly retired people in our neighborhood, and that is just fine with us.

Comment

There are a lot of kids in the blocks around us. We did see people bringing kids in for trick or treating, but there are many rural areas right around our town that are so spread out and there’s no street lighting at all and it really wouldn’t be a good place for kids to walk around at night. Our neighborhood welcomes all Stanwood residents and we all knew there would be lots of kids. It was a very happy and festive evening.

Comment

Working...
          X