Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 2nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is overcast with the high of 45 and the low of 32 with a chance of a rain/snow mixture.

BBQ beef sandwiches, sweet potato oven fries, coleslaw and Waldorf salad will be our dinner tonight.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Today was my sister's birthday. People meeting us think we are twins but she's six years older. She turned either 72 or 73... not sure which.

The weather turned to Summer very suddenly. It was warm and humid for most of the day but when we went outside to water the gardens, it was cool and beautiful. We sat out there for quite a while. The gardens are all thriving and I'm hopeful that the next owner of our house will love the gardens as much as I do.

We are excited to plan a visit to Adelaide to celebrate Hannah's first birthday. We leave home on 23rd November and will be away for about a week. We are hoping to buy our new car while we are there... fingers crossed. I've bought Hannah a doll for her birthday and need to start knitting some clothes for it. We are also giving her some baby Lego, i.e. Duplo.

Our dinners were different. John had a pork sandwich with lettuce, tomato, onion and egg. There were four steaks in the packet and he has asked for the same meal for four days in a row. I made a pizza for myself with tomato, onion, ham and pineapple.

https://i.imgur.com/pQsOhsC.jpg
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Sunny and cooold. Today is knit group. I usually I bring home junk food. Last time it was yucky so decided to use the crock. New recipe ?? Called hamburger hash. If it's fit to eat I'll post in T&T
      Chayote your pizza looks and sounds amazing

Nope not posting the recipe not gross but definitely not going to make it again
      Last edited by rosie; 11-02-2021, 06:09 PM. Reason: Review of new recipe

Comment

Making gyros for dinner. I have no clue what would go with them, but maybe some fried potatoes?

Comment

It’s been a cold and rainy day today. Neither of us felt any need to get anything done, so we didn’t! Tomorrow will definitely be laundry day, although I may start some of it in a little while. I’ve been reading this afternoon, 280 pages in to the 1024 page book World Without End by Ken Follett. Good book!

I’m making Magic Crispy Baked Shrimp, simple Israeli couscous and green salad for dinner.

Comment

Working...
          X