muz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muz

Did you get snow today around 12/1 o'clock this early afternoon? It was a slushy rain/snow mixture and then all of a sudden big white flakes and melted upon landing. It was pretty and my idea of a good snow. No shoveling, no drifts and no white outs.

Aldi has Butterball turkeys on sale starting tomorrow for $.89. Good deal.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Hey LTB went to Aldi in Greenville after knit group and their turkeys were 87 cents with a limit of 2. People were buying them up. Most everyone had 2 in their cart.

Comment

rosie,

It could have well said 87 cents and I do know there is a limit of 2. This dang hand is giving me fits, the doctor wants me back in on Thursday. It does look better but still is throbbing and being one handed is not a positive for my disposition at all!

Comment

Hmmm now don't know if it was 87 or 89 either way still a good deal. I picked mine up when they were saying a shortage pd 1.49 lol oh well
        just really hate to hear your having so much pain.

Comment

It snowed maybe for a min then turned back to cold rain/ sleet. I think we are supposed to have some in the morning. I know I was sitting near a window and could hear it tinking on the metal roof which I actually found super relaxing under the electric blanket with the dog and cats all snuggled up. I got my turkey 2 weeks ago at 1.29 a lb because I was not messing around with any shortages. If my freezer was not so full I would pick up a few more, but I was lucky to fit this one in. Trying to plan a menu because I do like to try something new every year, but I am also feeling the tuxedo cake from Sams club might be new enough for everyone. I love that dang cake but could eat the whole thing in one go.

Comment

Thanks muz. It is making me crabby for sure.

I agree, either way it is still a very good price. I am heading out shortly as they open at 9 and I want the 2 that you are allowed. I am also thinking of the good broth I can make after getting the meat off the bones. I save my onion pieces when I peel an onion, make sure they are clean and do the same with carrots and celery and then I can put those in when making the broth. I have a nice bag in the freezer that is just waiting so it can fulfil it's destiny.

Snow on the car this morning. Just a dusting.

Have a good day muz.

Comment

Starting tomorrow (Thursday), our local Giant Food - a major store in our area, is selling Grade A frozen turkeys for 39 cents a pound - limit 2. That really surprised me. I am passing because there is no way I can put a frozen turkey in the freezer due to space allocations. I thought seeing 89 cents a pound was a good deal until I saw this morning's paper ads - wow. The weight ranges from 10-26 pounds.

Comment

I've only eaten turkey once and it wasn't good. I suspect it was overcooked. I used to buy turkey mince for Lucy when I was cooking her food. Turkey just isn't popular here.
                I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
                would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Chay, I find ground turkey to be one of the most vile foods ever. I love a good roast turkey though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
                    I've only eaten turkey once and it wasn't good. I suspect it was overcooked. I used to buy turkey mince for Lucy when I was cooking her food. Turkey just isn't popular here.
                    Dark Turkey meat has lots more flavor. But overall Turkey meat is pretty blah, it's the side dishes that make the Thanksgiving meal so good, the gravy, stuffing, and roasted veggies, sweet potatoes with pecans and so much other good food for Thanksgiving.

Comment

We like turkey especially leftovers. I do make a small ham also. It rarely gets much more than a nibble.
                      I agree the side dishes are the best especially DESSERT

Comment

Working...
                      X