Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 3rd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is just plain cold this morning and I have a dusting of snow on my car. The high will be 45 and the low of 31 with a rain/snow/sleet mixture.

Dinner will be scalloped potatoes with ham, green beans and Waldorf salad.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Very quiet day here. It rained all day so no working outside.

Australia is celebrating today... a little girl named Cleo was abducted in Western Australia 18 days ago and she was found today, unharmed and in good spirits. Of course the police still have a lot of work to do. There's a man aged 36 in custody. Everyone is just relieved that she's back with her Mummy and Daddy and baby sister.

John had the 3rd piece of pork steak in a sandwich for dinner... one more to go. I had a bowl of chicken and corn soup.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Chayote - I read about the little girl being found. At first I thought perhaps she wandered away but she was abducted. So happy she is safe. What is wrong with people taking another person or in this case a child?

Comment

Got a half ham out couple days ago. Joe is going to bone it out. Also got out 3\4 lb pkg ground pork. So this eve will be ham loaf, peas and carrots some kind of potatos.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
          Chayote - I read about the little girl being found. At first I thought perhaps she wandered away but she was abducted. So happy she is safe. What is wrong with people taking another person or in this case a child?
          G'day, Vera... it was known as soon as Cleo was missing that someone had taken her. They were on a weekend holiday, staying in a tent in a popular camping ground. She woke up at 1.30am asking her Mum for a drink of water and then she was gone by 6am. The zip in the tent was open higher than Cleo could reach and her sleeping bag, which she could not get out of without help, was gone. I think most people, including me, suspected that her biological father had taken her but that wasn't the case. The kidnapper is not known to the family. I'm so relieved she is home. The age difference between their children is the same as Andrew and Hannah.
          I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
          would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I planned on making a deep dish pizza. Went to excersize and do errands this morning and got home at 11. I finally read the recipe and it had a 6 hour proof time, so that will get made later this week. Grilling some steaks and green bean casserole.

Comment

It’s been dark and chilly all day, good day to stay in and keep warm. I’ve been doing laundry today and some general tidying.

I’m making pineapple glazed chicken, cheesy scalloped potatoes and green salad for dinner.

Comment

Working...
              X