Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 4th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is cloudy at the moment with rain/snow mixture possible and the high of 43 and the low of 30.

Rosie has a good idea yesterday for a ham loaf and I have what I need so I will also have baked sweet potatoes and roasted broccoli.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Garbage night so I cleaned out my pantry and tossed everything that I'm not likely to use before we go. There were several tins of food that Gordon had given me. Very kind but they were all past their use by dates. He had the idea that if the can wasn't rusty or damaged, the contents would last forever. I think otherwise. Next week I'm going to toss all the cleaning products that I tried and it didn't meet expectations.

John spent the day finding stuff in the garage to throw away... I'm so proud of him. He still had stuff that we brought with us when we moved from Canberra... 37 years ago. Both rubbish bins are out for collection. I don't even want to know what he's put in the second bin.

Dinner: John had pork steak, mashed potato and sweet potato, peas and onion. I made a salad of lettuce, avocado, pea shoots and cubed sweet potato. I didn't finish it but I'll try to eat more of it for my supper.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

We were out looking at houses last night so I never got to make dinner. I will make the steaks I had planned on. I have a bunch of potatoes to use up and really want to make potato salad, but I overeat it so easily. I will probably do green beans and baked potatoes.

Comment

Muz, I have always sucked at potato salad and I love it. Is your recipe in T&T ? I'd like to give it a try. If ya don't mind

Comment

It’s been quite chilly and wet today. We thought about going to Costco earlier but decided we didn’t really need to do it today. I finished up the laundry earlier and did some little chores around the house and got caught up on last night’s Survivor, one of my guilty pleasures.

We’re having taco salad for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
            Muz, I have always sucked at potato salad and I love it. Is your recipe in T&T ? I'd like to give it a try. If ya don't mind
            I bumped up my potato salad recipe in T&T for you rosie, it’s a family and potluck favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post

I bumped up my potato salad recipe in T&T for you rosie, it’s a family and potluck favorite.
              COOL. TY Charlene. I'll check it out.

Comment

Rosie, my husband says he hates my potato salad because he likes the deli stuff from the store. I use a different recipe all the time. I have so many vintage cooks books so I like to try the old fashioned stuff.

Comment

I usually cut up a mixture of potato and sweet potato, mainly for the colour but also for the sweet flavour. I use garlic aioli for the dressing and add some cut up green end of the pea shoots. If I only use ordinary potato I use my mother's recipe... add chopped mint, onion and her salad dressing. I remembered what was in it but didn't know the quantities until I found the recipe online. Just blend it all up and cook it in a bowl over boiling water.
                  • 1 egg
                  • 3 tbs sugar
                  • 3 tbs white vinegar
                  • 3 tbs milk
                  • 1 tsp mustard
                  • 1 tsp butter
                  I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
                  would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Working...
                  X