Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 6th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

The sun is shinning at the moment but am not impressed with the time change as it will be so dark early in the evening. Oh well, griping won't change it so will just go with the flow.

Speaking of flow, the weather coming up for the next few day will be absolutely beautiful and perfect fall weather. The high today will be 54 and the low of 35 with abundant sunshine. Perfect!!

I cooked a lot of chicken thighs yesterday afternoon for chicken stock and froze 8 quarts, most of the chicken in various ways and tonight we are having a chicken, rice and broccoli casserole. DGS said he will do all the cutting and mixing and he will "allow" that I can just dump the ingredients into the bowl and he slices and dices. Nice of him!!!
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I've just put my order in for next weeks groceries. My pantry is almost empty because I tossed a lot of food last week. I'm now only buying items that I know we will use. Still on the freezer blitz except for buying John a pork roast once a week.

Tonight was his pork night... it went on the BBQ at 4pm and we at dinner at 7pm. We just had pork on bread rolls. John added some onion; I added pea shoots. Tomorrow I'll put the rest of the roast through my slicer so John doesn't slice it an inch thick...

I spent the day folding up clean laundry, a job that I hate doing. It's almost my bedtime but I'll do an hour of knitting before I go.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Beautiful day here. Mid to upper 50s sunny. Joe is splitting wood. I tried to help but just can't do it anymore
      Have a lot of ham. It turned out so nice. Thinkin of slicing super thin & load up some buns with ham & cheese wrap in foil throw them in the oven to heat. Just have to decide what to have with them. Maybe stewed tomatos ? Or baked beans or....

Comment

It’s been cold, windy and rainy today, although right now it’s cleared up quite a bit. I got the vacuuming all done today and other than that we’re just taking it easy.

We’re going to go to Five Guys and pick up some burgers and fries for dinner.

Comment

OH I love 5 guys

Comment

5 guys here in San Antonio are going out of business. And it has nothing to do with covid , at least that's what the business pages in the paper are reporting. We only went once , right after the opened here in town and I have to say the fries were good, as long as they were hot, but then I think that goes for any french fries. Burgers were nothing special. The room of the burger place was so cold, and the background music was way too loud. Needless to say we never went back.

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
              OH I love 5 guys
              We do too rosie! The first time we went to Five Guys we made the mistake of ordering the “regular” sized cheeseburgers instead of the little ones and two orders of fries...no way we could eat all of it. We get the little burgers and one little order if fries, just perfect, and they’re so good!

Comment

Lol we did the same thing. Altho we still get the big burger but 1 fry. Haven't been there in 1 1/2 yrs. It's 30 miles. We only get to Muncie when we have doc appts. We're just home bodies

Comment

5 Guys is very expensive for a cheeseburger , almost $ 10 here in SA , not worth it. But if you think they are great , go for it.

Comment

They’re about $8.59 here, but they’re cheaper than most of the other burger places around here. Most places here have 1/2 lb burgers as their small size and they’re just too big for us and we’ve always liked Five Guys. We only get them about 5 or 6 times a year and we take them home to eat them.

Comment

We like eating there. Makes me feel young again lol.
                      met 2 gk's there when they were in collage. The 4 of us was under $40. Heck mcdonalds is that much.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                        They’re about $8.59 here, but they’re cheaper than most of the other burger places around here. Most places here have 1/2 lb burgers as their small size and they’re just too big for us and we’ve always liked Five Guys. We only get them about 5 or 6 times a year and we take them home to eat them.
                        I don't like to get food and take it home, by the time you get the food home it is cold, or cooler, then you have to warm it up. Never did delivery, because quite often the delivery charges are more then the food cost.
                        I was so happy when restaurants were allowed to have dining in again. Of course some still don't have dining in because they don't have enough employees, sad but true. I guess people don't think they need to get back to work as long as they get government checks.

Comment

When we moved to our current house, a neighbor asked if I wanted to go get a burger and fries. I love burgers so of course I said yes. I was so disappointed in the Five Guys burger. I thought really? The Five Guys franchise started in Northern Virginia but the original restaurant was a bit too far for me even though I lived in Northern Virginia at the time. I had always heard about the good burgers with all the free toppings. It was nothing special and I think they certainly overdo the fries - maybe because people think they are getting a bargain because there are so many. The bag they came in certainly got greasy when the fries were in the brown bag for just a few minutes. I have never gone back. There is a restaurant in the next bigger town to me now that actually burns wood and all their meats are cooked over the fire - Firebirds appropriately called - outstanding with that great outdoor taste. Now that is a burger.

Comment

Maybe the people who worked in restaurants got better jobs, because food service workers get treated like garbage. The government covid unemployment ended months ago so you cant use that line of garbage anymore. No one wants to work for poverty wages to serve uppity people.

Comment

Muzette - This was back in 2003 when we moved to our house so no Covid existed then. Going to Five Guys has no interest to me and we have one close by (10 miles) where I do my grocery shopping. Whether this is true or not but I heard that when you buy a Five Guys franchise, you have to open up multiple locations. Maybe that is why they are all over the place or it seems. I am not aware of food service workers getting treated like garbage though unless it is the employers treating the employees badly. I always tip generously lunch or dinner and treat the server with respect.

Comment

Working...
                              X