Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 7th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It will be a beautiful sun filled day along with a high of 58 and the low of 40.

I have a pot roast that I am putting in the crockpot along with onions, garlic, rosemary and thyme and will decide later what I am doing with it for dinner. DGS is talking BBQ sandwiches and I am thinking hot roast beef sandwiches with gravy and sides I will figure out as the day moves forward. Maybe both if that is what works out.

What will be your Sunday dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

It's freakin cold out. I'm puttin sheets & blankets in washer. Will hang on the line. It's suppose to be in the 60s later.

It's going to be ham ham ham til it's gone. So green beans, potatos & ham. Fried cornbread patties.

Comment

We slept very late today because John stayed up watching the cricket on TV and it didn't finish until about 6am. It was sunrise before we went to bed. I suggested that we just pretend that we'd been asleep and pat each other's backs to celebrate getting up at sunrise. He told me to join the real world and go to bed. We just combined breakfast into lunch and afternoon tea.

We did find some energy. I folded and put away all of the clothes and linen that I'd washed during the night. John swept all the leaves from the fernery and threw out stuff that we didn't want out there. I need to Gerni the BBQ before I give it to Tiff... she asked for it and I can't give it to her so greasy. We are buying a new one in Adelaide. I then decided to clean out my end of the wardrobe/closet. I tossed a lot of clothes that I know I won't wear. Next will be the two bathrooms. I'm working up to washing all the windows and contemplating whether the Gerni can do that job, too. They are all new windows so they shouldn't leak.

Dinner was brought in tonight. I hadn't thawed anything out. I hadn't baked the bread. I'd run out of energy for dinner. John went and picked up fried chicken, coleslaw, onion rings and chips. We still have enough left for another meal either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Home help comes tomorrow to change my bed and clean the bathrooms. After that our groceries will arrive.
      I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
      would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
        It's freakin cold out. I'm puttin sheets & blankets in washer. Will hang on the line. It's suppose to be in the 60s later.
        I thought about putting the airconditioning on today but settled for a desk fan... *LOL*
        I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
        would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

lol Joe's all cuddled under his throw. Furnace running & I'm wishing for a fire

Comment

I keep an electric blanket on the sofa for tv watching so I stay nice and toasty. The dog really enjoys it as well. We got another foreclosure house this week. I finally got to go through the stuff that was left behind. I hit the jackpot! There are four old index card/ recipie tins. They are packed to the brim with hand written recipes. I will spend the day going through some. I get excited over the small things.

Making the deep dish pizza today. Using the food network recipe because it has good reviews.

Comment

It’s been a cold one today, super windy, rainy and quite chilly. Our throw blankets are getting a workout for sure. We don’t like warm and stuffy air in our house and the throws are quite comfy. We really haven’t done anything useful all day, and that’s OK. I’ve done a good bit of reading today. We’re looking forward to the new season of Yellowstone starting tonight and I’m looking forward to the premiere of Dexter: New Blood too.

We’re having the rest of the taco salad tonight. I just have to chop the lettuce and grate the cheese and toss it together.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                It’s been a cold one today, super windy, rainy and quite chilly. Our throw blankets are getting a workout for sure. We don’t like warm and stuffy air in our house and the throws are quite comfy. We really haven’t done anything useful all day, and that’s OK. I’ve done a good bit of reading today. We’re looking forward to the new season of Yellowstone starting tonight and I’m looking forward to the premiere of Dexter: New Blood too.

We’re having the rest of the taco salad tonight. I just have to chop the lettuce and grate the cheese and toss it together.
                Just talked to my daughter and she and her husband love Yellowstone. She told me she is just opening a can of soup for dinner, because they are ready to watch the opening of the new season of Yellowstone .

Comment

It really is an excellent series, we’ve watched every episode since it started.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                    It really is an excellent series, we’ve watched every episode since it started.
                    Joe is glued to the TV. He has been waiting impatiently for Yellowstone. It started 25 min ago. Doubt I'll see him til midnight.

Comment

Working...
                    X