Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 9th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is another totally beautiful day with the high of 66 and the low of 47. There is a slight chance of rain later this evening.

Beef and noodles will be dinner along with green beans and pear sauce.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

**SIGH** said we are having ham til it's gone. I'm sick of ham only have the bone and 1 chunk left. Was thinkin ham & beans. Makes me shiver to think about it. so I will vacuum seal it and pitch in the freezer. Reverse blitz lol

Baked ziti sounds good.

My day turned out goofy. So I'm throwing some tuna noodle together. Open a jar of peaches with cottage cheese. That's it. I'm done. Deal with it. Lol.
    Last edited by rosie; 11-09-2021, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Rosie - There is a ham that I read about and initially it was available at Walmart but now my regular grocery stores carry it. It is boneless and only about a quarter size of a regular ham. It comes sliced or unsliced (look at the label carefully). It is delicious - I get the sliced. There is absolutely no waste and has enough ham for several portions for two people. It is the perfect solution so there aren't a ton of leftovers. It also comes in half ham. The brand is called Kentucky Legend. It is also gluten free and we have a friend who has Celiac. I bought a ham for him and he said it was a very delicious ham. He was very happy. Not sure about this ham's distribution but if your stores carry it, you won't be disappointed. I put the small ham in a baking dish and cover it with foil. I bake it for 1 1/2 hours at 350 and just peel away the thin slices. There is hardly any waste - maybe some fat on the edges.

Comment

I believe I have the sliced that I portioned into smaller pkgs. Yes it is nice. I had this half ham in the freezer since just after Christmas last yr. So had to use it. Hind sight is 20/20 I should have kept it for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Oh well

Comment

The most recent house we bought is almost 5,000 sq ft. Now the house is a brand new construction because the previous house burnt down. The builder never bothered getting permits and did some sketchy stuff. We do have to put in a new septic system, but it will still make a decent profit. Now it was a foreclosure because the previous 85 yr old owner likes to send all of her money to her Nigerian boyfriend. I did call the council on aging and the police because the woman really was not competent. We tracked down her son because I would have felt bad kicking her out on the street. We even paid for the U haul to move her to her sons and a storage facility for her stuff. She only lived in the new house for 8 weeks. In that short time her cat pissed all over the entire house. I spent the last 8 hours scrubbing everything with enzyme cleaner, and it all came out spic and span. I love cats to death, but I would have taken that thing down the road and kicked it out of the car!!!

She left behind some financial paperwork, she was sending her Nigerian boyfriend 4300 a month!!! She had not made a house payment since 2016 !!! Thank goodness she is her family's problem now because my empathy was wearing thin after so much scrubbing. Getting my big rear up and down off the floors is the worst. I at least got it all done in one day so I wont have to go back until the painters are done.

I actually really like the house, but its in the middle of no where. 20 min to the nearest store. Now I can see why Vera does not like going to the store lol. It takes forever to get some where.

That being said, no cooking for me. I got some stuff from the deli and some Kings Hawaiian rolls. A glass of wine and a long hot shower are on the agenda.

Comment

That’s a terribly sad situation, it’s disgusting how these scammers prey on vulnerable people.

It’s cold, dark and kind of wet today. I finally dragged my flannel lined jeans out this morning, they feel pretty good too. It’s been a lazy kind of day, we really haven’t done a lot at all.

I’m making some Polish beef and pork patties with gravy (Kotlety Wolowe Siekane) and pierogies and green salad for dinner.

Comment

Working...
            X