Lady Bug, Lady Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Bug, Lady Bug

I have never seen so many lady bugs dive bombing as I have seen the last couple days. The air is thick with them. I know they are looking for a winter home but wow, they are gonna need a mansion for as many as I am seeing just in my area.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I am looking out my office window right now and they are flying all over the place. In the Fall on a warm sunny day they are all over our brick. They don't bother me in the least - kind of cute for a bug.

Comment

Aarrgg blasted lady bugs. They were all over the bedding I hung on the line. They are all over everything. I don't like them. I did when I was a kid but don't remember so many.

Comment

I agree rosie. There just seems like a lot this year. On the bright side they eat a lot of garden pests so next summer I hope they stick around.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I never see many Lady Bugs. I guess corn fields on all sides of me kill them off when the fields get sprayed

Comment

I have only found a handful, they must be living at everyone else house!

Comment

We never get that many. We can buy them to introduce to certain trees and plants as they eat aphids. I just kill the aphids with soapy water... Immy loves to find a lady bird because it's a chance to sing the nursery rhyme about them: Lady bird, lady bird, fly away home, your house is on fire and your children shall burn... such a happy little rhyme
              I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
              would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Working...
              X