Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 10th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

What a beautiful morning with the sun shinning so brightly. Not a cloud in sight with the high of 60 and the low of 48.

I have leftovers that need cleaned out of the fridge so that will be dinner tonight.

What food will tempt your taste buds for dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I am so stiff from yesterday! I am staying in my jammies today and lolling around the house. I have a pot of chicken thighs going for stock since I am completely out, and will probably make chicken tinga with the meat.

Comment

Ditto on LTB. I think we will finish getting wood split & in the barn. I figured how I can help very slowly without killing myself.
      there's tuna noodle, alittle green beans & ham there's always cereal lol

Comment

It started out very cold this morning but it ended up being a pretty nice day today. We slept in and got kind of a late start. We made a quickie trip to Costco to pick up a couple of rotisserie chickens that I’m going to cut up and bag the breast meat for Abby and freeze the legs and thighs for us. We’ve been having a problem getting her to eat as much as she needs but she will happily eat the chicken. I’ve got some special dog food ordered for her and we’ll add chicken to that if needed. At $4.99 for each great big chicken I can’t see roasting a raw one myself.

We’re having rotisserie chicken thighs and cauliflower casserole for dinner.

Comment

Charlene - Have you tried buying the Fresh Pet food in a refrigerator in the pet food aisle. Not all stores have it but some do. I buy the chicken and vegetables in a bag, not the roll, for my son's dog when we take care of him. When I open the bag, it smells pretty darn good. Their dog is about 50 pounds so he gets one third cup dehydrated vegetable flakes mixed with hot water from Honest Kitchen (ordered), one 1/3 cup crunchy food and 1 cup of the Pet Fresh twice a day. He laps it up. However, at $5 a chicken you can't go wrong. Since the Costco chickens are injected with some sort of favorized solution you might want to ask your vet about it since Abby does have some health issues.

Comment

Charlene you should try benefuls wet food for small breeds. The superfoods blends work well for my picky eater. She is turning 18 soon and can get in a mood where she refuses food for a few days. She picks around the ones with veggies at visible pasta so the superfood ones seem more palatable for her. It looks like shredded meat so she gobbled it down.

Comment

I’ve got an order of Dr. Marty’s coming for Abby. My son recommended this, his 14 year old dog was having health problems and really improved when she started eating it. I haven’t tried the Fresh Pet but may in the future. She tried Benefuls, it didn’t go over well at all. I do mix the chicken with her dog food most of the time, but she had a couple of days where she wouldn’t eat anything before I bought the chicken. We just wanted her to eat something! We do worry about her when she won’t eat.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                At $4.99 for each great big chicken I can’t see roasting a raw one myself.

We’re having rotisserie chicken thighs and cauliflower casserole for dinner.
                This is one of the reasons we are looking forward to moving to Adelaide... Costco will be close enough to visit more regularly and (most importantly) fill our car with petrol. It's a lot cheaper than other servos.
                I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
                would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Didn't post last night. I'm going to just post the next day. It was difficult when we changed to Daylight Savings Time but now that the US has gone off DST, it makes another hour difference.

We just cleaned out the fridge again for dinner. I finished off the Red Rooster chicken, coleslaw and the rest of the bacon from the fridge. John had eggs, most of the bacon we had left in the fridge, onion and a bread roll.

I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
                  would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Working...
                  X