Spam calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam calls

Our phone has been ringing every 15 to 30 min for 4 days. Caller ID says it's from potential spam. It does stop around 10pm and starts around 8am. I am on the do not call list. We've always got a lot of spam calls but never like this. I'm gonna have to unplug it.

Landline or cell phone ? Just wondering

Comment

Those spam calls were the main reason we didn’t bother getting a landline when we moved. We get spam calls on our cell phones but they go straight to voicemail and show up as potential spam and then it’s only a few. We used to get anywhere between 10 and 20 calls a day on our land line.

Comment

We still have a landline ( I am sorry to say )
        but we get the spam calls on our cell phones
        But the show up as spam , so we dont answer them, we just reject the calls
        But maybe 4/5 a day , that's all

Comment

This is a landline. I don't know why we keep it. I have the block call full. They use several different numbers. We need to start telling everyone that uses the landline number we are going cell numbers. Very aggravating

Comment

I think that is the reason or one of the reason that we haven't taken out the landline , we need to notify everybody , especially doctor offices etc. not to call the landline and only cell phone #.
            It is just a pain to notify everybody. some of our kids still call the landline , but that is no problem because they also have our cell # and our email addy's, so if we don't answer the landline, just call the cell #
            but for some reason SO just can't see that . He has kids who live overseas, but they call from their cell #, so surely they could call our cell #.

Comment

I only use a land line and yes, I do get the calls. We let the answering machine answer if it's a number I do not know. Most of the calls have "town names" in place of the number. My husband has answered a few of them just to see who it is and most of them are places looking for donations, or politics. They are aggressive and want the donations via credit card and we do not give our credit cards out to anyone. they will actually argue when we ask them to send it through the mail instead.
              If you have an answering machine, you can have it set to answer after 2 rings and you can turn the ring volumn down.

Comment

We also get these annoying calls. Many times the ID shows it as a local number and I don't always know if I should answer it or not. If the house is quiet, I pick up but don't say anything. Saying something activates their computer to either give you a message like being arrested for not paying your taxes or it switches to a live person. I just can't imagine giving anyone who calls a credit card number over the phone if requested But the calls keep coming - someone must be making a profit or getting private information. It is beyond me that these calls are worthwhile but if a computer is calling, it doesn't cost them anything and they will find a sucker one way or another.

Comment

The answering machine is on but they never say anything. Just get beeps. Turning the sound down is a good idea. They must take the weekend off no calls today. I mean they work so hard trying to rip people off. We would NEVER give any of our info to anyone.

Comment

With cell phones you have voice mail, if it's family or friends they can leave a message and you can call back. So you don't have to answer at all. But these days when a spam call comes in on my cell phone it tells me either spam or telemarketer , so I don't answer. I can also turn the sound down. The do not call list is a total waste in my opinion.

Comment

We are getting them here, too. We only have our mobile phones. I still own the landline number but there's no phone plugged into it.

I've had to keep on top of spam calls with John because he barely knows how to use his smartphone and although there are no banking details saved on his phone, I still need him to show me any calls he gets that are not from those people in his contacts list. The majority are delivery-related and I've assured John that none of our deliveries are in his name so delete them. Anything bank related will only come to me and I've instructed our bank that if anything is wrong with our account, they need to email me with an appointment to come into their office.

Spam calls are easing up now. Apparently our provider, Telstra, have managed to reduce the number of them coming in. It's currently a world-wide problem.
                      I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
                      would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

We get spam calls a lot, even tho we are registered on the 'do not call list' My cell phone number is our old landline number. I had a few voice mails left claiming to be from Statistics Canada....I believed they were spam, as one message said it was from Statistic not Statistics, which is correct. They gave me a code number to quote when I called back. Turned out it was legit lol.
                        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

OMGOSH MudderBear that's crrrazzy lol. Joe ask what if it's a legit call? I said if it was they would leave a message but they never leave a message.
                          I have erased 104 calls in less than a week

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
                            OMGOSH MudderBear that's crrrazzy lol. Joe ask what if it's a legit call? I said if it was they would leave a message but they never leave a message.
                            I have erased 104 calls in less than a week
                            I tell dh the same thing. If it's important, they will leave a message. These calls never leave a message and some of them hang up before the 4th ring so the answering machine doesn't answer and start costing them.

Comment

Working...
                            X